Lentils

If you just cook them plain, I think it's roughly twice as much water as lentils. So half a cup of lentils to one cup water. But just keep checking and add more water if necessary. All the water should cook off anyway, so what you end up is a mash of soft lentils, no need to drain them or anything. Remember to rinse them with water BEFORE cooking though, just a quick wash. They cook quite fast, like 15 mins or so I think ( I never look at the clock).

What I do apart from recipes is I just cook a batch of plain lentils, then freeze in the ice cube tray. And then I throw lentils into other food I've made, like any sauce, puree or veggie mash. They go quite nicely with a lot of things!

I'm in the process of cooking some now for her to eat tomorrow. I might throw some onions and garlic in there too.

Thanks so much ladies! I've never made them so I was lost lol. I think I might try putting them in spaghetti, easy way to intro them to all of the boys and I'm also going to try that recipe Wendino thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->