Less bulky night nappy

P

purple_socks

So far we've converted fully to cloth during the day and r working up to full night usage (still dont have enough nappies in my stash so i wanna build on the night nappies i own) i've just put LO to bed in a huggles with little lamb nightime booster and it looks like a joke!! He is all bottom!! i can't even get a grow or vest on him!

i wanna try some different night nappies but what does everyone think would b best? Lo is a heavy wetter but i want something less bulky yet something that will last 12+ hours? is this too much to ask for? :shrug:

r the WNNN bulky? i've heard good things abt them

oh my gosh huggles are mahoosive aren't they??

We use bumgenius V3's with both inserts and an extra microfibre cloth and have no problems.

Holden's landing bedbugs are very popular at the moment with woolens (such as the Disana pull on pants are hot at the mo) but they are that bit more expensive.

my least bulkiest night nappy is a hemp one, ellas house i think it is, is a tiny bit big on her but i use that with a mf insert and a fleece liner then a wrap, its pretty thin even all boosted up

x

We have used WNNN and now use Bedbugs, I would say both are similar in bulk, maybe bedbugs are a little less as we had to pad the WNNNs out a bit more, but either way for Freya to go 12 hours in one nappy we have to add SO much boosting to it her bum is huuuge. Pop Ins were even bigger though, but then the fit wasn't as good for us, so maybe that made them bigger.

I find Side Snap nappies less bulky at night, and the more bamboo/hemp we use and the less cotton/microfibre the less bulk there is.

We also use Disana pull on woolies, they work fantastically for us.

obviously i know you need a nappy underneath :)

We only have one pair of Disanas at the moment, they only get damp at night when lanolised and I just leave them to air dry in the day. I have another pair on the way though as you need a back up for when they are washing/lanolising (only done every month or so).

they only get damp? after a full night? ooh i thought for sure theyd be rank by morning haha

x

i've got 2 on the way so hopefully that'll be ok for now - hope they fit ok ! do disanas come pre lanolised or would you recommend doing them before using overnight ?

sorry for hijacking the thread ! :blush:

i use organic flips for night get a good 12 hours

Aisling isn't a particularly heavy wetter but we either use a BGv3 with both inserts or a Flip with organic insert and we've never had any problems. I keep looking at all the pretty night nappies but can't really justify getting one seeing as we don't need one!

Oo my favorite subject! Ive been trialling a lot of nappies at night. Definately a two part system is best for bedtime and the slimmest ones are Ellas House Humhugger and Tots Bots Bamboozle Stretchie, both are MUCH slimmer than anything else and I use them on Theo overnight with no added boosting. The nice thing about the EllasHouse is that is has a pocket so if you NEED too you can add extra boosting easily, the fleece inner keeps all wetness away from bum and it is slim and cheap to buy too.
The Stretchie bamboozles I like a lot, again cheap and Im yet to use extra boosting they are SUPER slim.
WNNN arent that slim but they are absorbent, I really like them. Bedbugs again arent very slim but are absorbent. I havent noted that the WNNN and bedbugs arem ore absorbent than the TBstretchie or bumhugger TBH!
If I were to choose one for a heavy wetter Id go and get an bumhugger first, try it unboosted and then add a bamboo or hemp booster to the pocket if you need it. I just put two little weed hemp inserts into the bumhugger and its still slightly less bulky than the WNNN :)

Oh and wool wise, I have three lots of wool. They dont even really get damp on the inside because the nappies Im using them over are good but if I wanted to just use one pair I could until they got dirty or needed lanolising.

they only get damp? after a full night? ooh i thought for sure theyd be rank by morning haha

x

Yep, we are using them over bedbugs boosted with pop in inserts (mega wee baby, lol) and the nappy is soaked by the morning but the wool is only damp. Would be even better on a baby that doesn't wee for england! They smell a bit weeish in the morning but are fine within a couple of hours.

I don't think they are pre-lanolised, I did mine twice before using overnight but I think they are fine after doing them once, I just wanted to be extra sure, lol.

We just started using disana pants over bedbugs with a small pop-in insert and it seems to work well for us so far. I didn't pre-lanolise the wool before I used it during the day, but I did before using overnight, just in case. As Kirsten said, the wool got a bit damp but it didn't smell anywhere near as wee-ish as a pop-in :thumbup:

I got one pair from bums n roses and one pair from millies nappies (donnas shop). I have pink and green, the green is goooorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->