Less than a week before AF, but hopefully she doesn't show!

livepositive

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am going to to try posting again, because I could really use some support and I didn't get any responses to my last post :sad2:

This month, I will have been off of birth control for seven months. Some women miss one pill and WHAM they are pregnant. Not me...unfortunately. I have been using OPKs and I was attempting to chart my basal body temp, but it is difficult because my fiance is such a hot body, that I think it affects my temperature in the morning. Anyway, this month of trying was strange compared to the previous months. Right around the time of ovulation, I got hit with a 24 hour illness. My temperature spiked a few times and I was literally out for the day, my body was achy and I couldn't go to work. That night I also had a spot of blood when I wiped, so I figured I was probably ovulating. I do not think it was an infection because I had just been to the doctor and everything came back normal.

Yesterday I was around 9-10 dpo and I was feeling out of it again. I was also quite nauseous yesterday. I was at work and out of nowhere I felt I had to go vomit, so I went to the bathroom to do that, but I didn't have too much in my stomach to let out. Then after lunch I felt that same urge and then again when I got home. My fiance insisted I take a test even though I told him that today would have been the most common time for implantation, so it might not show anything. Anyway, like I predicted I got a BFN.

It sort of made me sad even though I expected it. But, what do you ladies think? Is there a chance that in a few days I could still get a BFP? Or am I finding symptoms in everything just because I want this so badly? Also, I have noticed that my fiance gets more amorous around the time of my period, likely due to pheromones and last night he was feeling frisky. I hope that wasn't a sign of AF coming soon...perhaps another pheromone he is sensing?

One last thing! I think....lol. Also, food hasn't been that appealing to me. Although I am hungry (and currently really hungry) food just doesn't taste the same to me. I don't know if it's because my fiance had a cold and I caught some of it, but his illness and mine were completely different. His has lasted about a week and mine was a day.

Sorry if any of this is TMI. I just need some people to talk to who have been through it or are currently going through it.

As for your finding symptoms in everything because you are in the TWW....I tend to lean towards this side of the road. Mostly because since we started TTC I've felt so many new things in the TWW and have convinced myself I've been pregnant numerous times only to have AF come.

The nausea would have me concerned, but since it sounds like you've been ill, I wouldn't think too much of it.

9-10DPO is super early to get a BFP. Some ladies don't get a BFP until after AF is late. So try and relax for a few days and test again.

Remember you don't need to be feeling symptoms to get a BFP. I think it's quite common to get a BFP with zero pregnancy symptoms.

Yeah, I guess I worry that if I don't feel any symptoms then it's a lost cause. My body has changed so much since we have been TTC and since I stopped taking birth control. I feel like I have little to no control of my body anymore, and I just want to have a child of my own.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too with all these symptoms but they seem similar to AF any way so I haven't been thinking I'm preggers during my 2WW.

My opinion? It's not over until the :witch: says its over!! :lol:

I have always had way more symptoms for AF than pregnancy. Go figure!

I'm pretty sure I'm out this month.

I have sore breasts today. NEVER had that symptom prior to AF before last month. I guess it's going to be my new normal now. I'm about 7 days before AF is due and it started this AM. So frustrating. :(

You're definitely still in until the :witch: shows though. So don't give up! :hugs:

maybe I should just ignore all symptoms lol! Easier said than done. During this TTC adventure, I am acutely aware of my body. If I feel a twinge anywhere I wonder what it could be. I should stop now before I go insane!

Lol, I think every woman goes insane symptom spotting during their 2WW. It's inevitable!

People have been saying that the moment I stop trying it will happen, but I literally do not know how to shut it off. I have been at it for 7 months now, and when my cycle started to become regular after BC, I know around the time I am ovulating. The whole process is insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->