let down pain??

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
normal to still get this at 3 months?? Get it in both breasts when lo feeds at times. Also one breasts can see loads of lumps pop up when let down happens then disappear when it passes, normal???

My letdown is still painful frequently at 5 months! It is worse when my boobs are fuller. The little lumps are the milk ducts as they're being compressed to push the milk to the nipple, I get them too. When my boobs are very full they look horrendous, freakishly lumpy!

thanks! i hate the pain!!often makes me leak everywhere if i have no bra on...nightmare!my right boob goes hard and smooth and the left like a big lumpy mess!joys of feeding!!

Hi,

My baby is 3 months old now and my let down is still painful, especially when my breasts are very full. Strangely my left breast seems to get much larger and fuller than the right; I look so lopsided!

Hi,

My baby is 3 months old now and my let down is still painful, especially when my breasts are very full. Strangely my left breast seems to get much larger and fuller than the right; I look so lopsided!

you baby has a favourite breast :baby: and drinks more out of one breast than the other. breasts will fill with the amount of milk that has been taken. try timing and alternating to even them out .

Now this may sound weird, but i have a tip for sore breasts...
put 2 cabbage leaves(big enough to cup your breast) in the fridge, when you feel pain or even hotness during letdown put the leaf in your bra cup.

i thougt my midwife was crazy when she did this for me but it WORKEd ..everytime!!

im sure mine stopped early on with my first two still going strong with time!!

If I remember correctly you have a bit of an oversupply don't you? If so, that will contribute strongly to it x

Mine hurts...it annoying. Esp when out and about.

yes always too much milk!!fed up of soaking pj tops but hate wearing bras at night!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->