Let's Make a List!

LoveTypeThing

Reaction score
Well, I talked to my husband this past week about when to have a baby (before now, he did not even like to talk about it!), and this conversation went really well. He said that he just wants to be in his last semester of school, so that he is out of school well before I give birth. This, I could respect and definitely understand, also this is only about 6-8 months away!

So, for all of us that are waiting to try, I thought it would be kinda fun to make a list of the things we want to do or that would be nice to do before we get pregnant. I will start the list, and everyone can add to it.

Take a vacation or road trip
Get in better shape
Wear everything in my wardrobe!
Take a cooking class

Update November 19, 2008

My husband and I have moved up our TTC date to March or April, however I am getting a little bit antsy, so I decided to alter my list a little. I am now going to list the things that I am going to enjoy doing before I get pregnant.

-Eating whatever I want (now that I have achieved my Get in Better Shape goal)
-The occassional drink
-Feeling energized! (I am holding onto hope that I will still feel energized during pregnancy, but this is my first, so this might be blind optimism)
-Having the freedom to plan my vacation from above list (we are planning a cruise in March, which I am not sure would mix with morning sickness)

Well, I talked to my husband this past week about when to have a baby (before now, he did not even like to talk about it!), and this conversation went really well. He said that he just wants to be in his last semester of school, so that he is out of school well before I give birth. This, I could respect and definitely understand, also this is only about 6-8 months away!

So, for all of us that are waiting to try, I thought it would be kinda fun to make a list of the things we want to do or that would be nice to do before we get pregnant. I will start the list, and everyone can add to it.

Take a vacation or road trip
Get in better shape
Wear everything in my wardrobe!
Take a cooking class

Get in better shape!
Complete an access course, maybe even first year of uni!
Buy a whole new wardrobe.
Buy a nice car.
Go on holiday with a boyfriend (when I get one!)
Go away with the girls.
Drink lots of alcohol.
Give up smoking.
Grow my hair.
Take pole dancing lessons.
Take revenge on my ex :muaha:
Save as much money as possible, for my secret baby fund!

What a great thread! :D

• Get in shape / Reach clothes size 8-10
  • Get out of grazing habit / Not eat everything in sight / Be in CONTROL of my diet
  • Keep house tidy EVERY DAY
  • Feel sexy
  • Recover from operation

Mine are more practical rather than things I'd like to do before having kids because, well we have one baby already and except for the above things we are ready for another... It would just be nice to accomplish the above first, as this will make us 100% indubitably ready.

I just realised how expensive my 'to do' list is haha x

lol! I was thinking this but wasn't going to say it :lol:

I read it and was thinking ":shock: Is she going to win the lottery before she starts TTC then??" lol

Lol well I hope so! Lmao! :p No I'm not really planning on starting for about 5 yrs *sigh* unless I meet a millionaire *fingers crossed* :muaha:

for us its:

*move home
*get married, we were getting all set to book our wedding when are wonderful little princess came along, although we were TTC never thought it would happen (getting married in disneyland :)
*change my car - something tells me i wont get two children in my VW Beetle :rofl:

oh god mines expensive too, poor james :muaha: he always knew this about me :blush:

for us its:

*move home
*get married, we were getting all set to book our wedding when are wonderful little princess came along, although we were TTC never thought it would happen (getting married in disneyland :)
*change my car - something tells me i wont get two children in my VW Beetle :rofl:

oh god mines expensive too, poor james :muaha: he always knew this about me :blush:

Aw what an unusual wedding venue! Very romantic.

I love vw beatles. Unfortunately not very practical (or big) though as you mentioned. I always pictured myslef with a beatle tbh, but I can't really see us fittin a wheelchair and a pushchair in the boot - let alone us and two babies in the car! haha

for us its:

*move home

Aw what an unusual wedding venue! Very romantic.

I love vw beatles. Unfortunately not very practical (or big) though as you mentioned. I always pictured myslef with a beatle tbh, but I can't really see us fittin a wheelchair and a pushchair in the boot - let alone us and two babies in the car! haha

i just about fit a travel system and the three of us in their and before maddi used to get my nan and her wheel chair in together, but no way would we get us all in! lucky my mum has a bigger more practical car. i nearly brought the mazda mx5 - thank god i didn't imagine getting maddi in that :rofl:

as for disney - we was going to have the big white thing here but since maddi i suppose i've kinda changed how i feel and disney is our special place, we go to florida and paris regularly, before maddi :) so it seemed perfect and i can't wait to show maddi it when she's old enough so it just kinda fitted well :) thanks honey :hug:

Mine is:

Sort house out
Sort Garden out
Swop my MX5 for something bigger (might wait until I am actually pg before I do that)
Go On Holiday
Get back to my target weight
Save money
Have more nights out

xxxx

Errmm i have lots to do tbh lol..

1. Become fully qualified
  2. Get a full time job on £800 or more a month
  3. Move in with OH - shouldn't be long now
  4. Lose 21lbs! I've let myself go :(
  5. Grow my hair to what i call 'boob length'
  6. Carry on saving in my baby + holiday fund
  7. Learn to drive and buy a car

It all sounds so out of reach atm!! :(

- Spend as much Mummy time with Jayden as possible
- Get own house and do it all up
- Finish College (May 2009)
- Do a year of Apprenticeship (Sep 2009 - May 2010)
- Get a job
- Learn to drive + get car
- Be in control of my life and be HAPPY
- Holiday for me, Ian and Jayden

xxx

What a great thread.

Well we are going to look at trying this time next year as we have been together almost 10 years and have been married 7 years in feb. We were both a bit scared to take that step but now I am sooooo broodie. I thought I was pregnant a couple of months ago so was really upset to find I wasnt :(

Well I have a year to do the following:
1. Move house
2. Set up a dog grooming business
3. Get fit and healthy
4. Start a baby fund

p.s does anyone know how to get all those cool icons? I am pretty new to this and am jealous of all these cool faces etc you all have on your messages

p.s does anyone know how to get all those cool icons? I am pretty new to this and am jealous of all these cool faces etc you all have on your messages

Welcome to BnB! :wave:

When you reply if you hit "post reply" at the bottom of the posts (above the quick reply box) or if you click "Go advanced" at the bottom of the quick reply box (where you are writing your replies) next to "submit reply" then it brings up a reply page, with smiles and icons on the right hand side. If you want a different one there is a whole page of options if you click "more" at the bottom of the smilies. Just click on the one you want to add it to your post :)

Hope this helps :D

We have only been married 4 months so we are waiting til we've been married a little longer before TTC (although I would love to start now!)

So my list is
1. Do up the house so it's how we want it
2. Save some more money so I can take a longer maternity leave when the time comes
3. Lose 10 pounds (this is always on any wish list I make!)
4. Enjoy some couple time before TTC

There is one and only one thing on my list right now:

1. Fix the basement. I NEED to get it fixed so I can finally have my storage back.

1) Tone up a bit
2) Finish settling into our house
3) Get a year of sleep
4) Family vacation

To do List:
-finish college (2010)
-finish graduate program to become a teacher (2011)
-buy a house, so me and my bf can move out of my parents house! lol
-save lots and lots of money

looks like im going to be waiting a looooonggggg time lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"