Lets write down what helps to go in labor

suzan

Reaction score
As far as I know

Walking a lot -> When do we start walking?!?!?!?
Sex
Playing with nipple??? (Is this true???)
Curry and spicy food

Never heard of playing with nipple but hey???? Castor oil (don't think this is recommended though)????

Never heard of playing with nipple but hey???? Castor oil (don't think this is recommended though)????

I have read a lot that nipple stimulation is a good thing to do.

Nipple stimulation
Some women massage their nipples as a way to induce labor. This stimulation brings about the release of oxytocin, which is the natural form of pitocin. Oxytocin causes contractions, which sometimes evolve into labor.

Most practitioners are not enthusiastic about this method of inducing labor, because it has been known to lead to excessively long, strong uterine contractions sometimes resulting in fetal heart rate slowing. Unless your practitioner advises it and is monitoring your progress closely, nipple stimulation is not recommended as a means for beginning labor.
https://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,5329,00.html

Sorry for gatecrashing 3rd tri... but just thought i'd pop into say that altho most people think that sex to start off labour is a myth, my midwife once told me that it has been proven to work coz semen contains a small amount of the stuff they put on your cervix to start dilation when they induce you or something! Altho I've wondered ever since she told me this how you dont go into labour far too early from having sex! lol

Sorry for gatecrashing 3rd tri... but just thought i'd pop into say that altho most people think that sex to start off labour is a myth, my midwife once told me that it has been proven to work coz semen contains a small amount of the stuff they put on your cervix to start dilation when they induce you or something! Altho I've wondered ever since she told me this how you dont go into labour far too early from having sex! lol

Yes!! I heard the same thing about what contains the semen!

iv heard eating pineapple helps, i dont know why though lol or if it actually does anything lol!!

Pineppale contains Bromelaine which is thought to cause contractions. But there is only a very tiny amount in a Large fresh pineapple, so for it to have atleast a tiny bit of affect you have to eat 7 whole large pineapples. And there are also people argueing the fact that Bromelaine doesnt actually do anything so Pineapple isnt much help.

Have sex from behind and then walk really far away to get the hottest curry for dinner :rofl:

That might work lol :)

I went into labour an hour after having sex!!

For me sex will not be an option as DH is away :( He will be back only when I am or have given birth :(

Sex isnt an option for me either OH seems to be terrified of poking baby or that my waters may break half way through :rofl:

Il have to try and find a way of persuading him :rofl:

Sex isnt an option for me either OH seems to be terrified of poking baby or that my waters may break half way through :rofl:

lol at this point u actually need someone to break ur water haha

Sex does not work for everyone :rofl: OH and i have not really stopped :blush: yet i have no baby :shrug: I know that its true as my MW also said about it but just saying... Also i have been walking for aaagggeeeessss and last appointment my LO wasnt even starting to engage... I've also used the rasberry leaf stuff but nothing :lol:

I'm doing the walking a lot, tonnes of raspberry leaf tea and warm baths. Not really into the sex thing this week, as my cervix is so painful I feel like I'm being stabbed with a knitting needle! Not really condusive to great sex!!
Avoiding the nipple stimulation because of the reduced fetal heart thing and pineapple - well apparently you need to eat about 7 of them to be effective!!

Lets just wait and see eh?
What I actually believe is that baby comes when it is good and ready - whatever we do. We just have to be patient.

i've given up tryin to get her out, none of it works!! the only thing i'm doin is walking loads.

apparently the stuff in sperm is best absorbed thru the gut, again cant say it works!!

my m8 told me to eat a bombay bad boy pot noodle so i did ened up having a c section with my son coz i cartn delivery naturally so dont try a bom bay bad boy lol xxx i have been told SEX IS GOOD ASWELL lol :happydance:

aparently drive along bumpy roads helps. i know you can get acupuncture done to bring on labour xoxo

hi
you cant go into early labour from sex. like most of the other things it only works when the cervix is ready for it to be worked on. does that make sense? i seem to be able to not speak very well this week.
xoxo

If you find your one of your inside ankle bones and press firmly about two fingers width above the bone you should feel a tender spot (you may have to press around a little bit). If you press on this point firmly for 30 seconds and then let go for 60 seconds and repeat. Do this for 30 minutes and they say that in 90-95% of cases it will start labour (must be full term) in between 10 minutes and 24 hours. I did this two night before i was due to be induced and had went into labout about 24 hours later.
I actually did it on both legs as didnt know which leg to choose and did it, with the help of hubby, for about an hour (wanted to be sure!!!!)
Dont know what the truth in this really is....but sure as hell worth a try if your over due!! Would love to know if anyone tries it and has success!!!

I think things like sex will work but only if your baby is already ready and your body was preparing for labour. I dont think anything will bring it on if its not ready. Alot of things could be coincidence, how do we know if it wasnt tried whether they would of gone into labour anyway?

But its the fun of trying :D

Must say i have heard the sperm thing is better absorbed through the stomach too, and have tried that but no success so far! So tonight i may just have to pounce on OH :rofl:

:sex::sex::sex:

Omg, my OH is exactly the same!!

'What if your waters break half way through...ewww'

GRRRR!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member