Letter for scan date

JessyG

cautiously pregnant #1
Reaction score
I had my referal midwife appointment on 5th June and my booking in appointment on 13th June (not sure why they couldnt combine the two but nevermind!). They simply left it as id hear about when my scan will be. I have moved area so not sure if its different here to where i had my last baby, and to be honest i just cant really remember. When would you expect your letter through. I am 8 weeks today although the midwife has dated me as 8wks 4 days based on my LMP.

The hospital forgot to phone me to book me in so i had to phone myself and do it. When would you expect to be told your scan date, by 10 weeks? Just so i dont phone up chasing too early.

I had my booking in appointment on the 31st may and got my letter on the 3rd june. I was 10 weeks 2 days when i got it through and my scan was 11 weeks 6 days... Id say by 10 weeks 6 days max then phone up. I know it varies area to area though

I'd say if you haven't heard by 9 or 10 weeks I'd chase them up. My sister left hers and called them at 11 weeks and she didn't get her scan done until week 14! It won't harm to give them a call :)

Cool ill leave it another week or two then. Hope i am not waiting until week 14 thats still 6 weeks away!!!

I phoned my maternity unit and they booked me in over the phone but just made me aware that the midwife would have to send them a card (not sure what that means) otherwise they wouldn't scan me but it was easy to do. X

I would say by 10-11 weeks. Here, we don't do booking appointments until usually week 9, so it would be roughly after that by a week or so as the midwives usually book it after they've done your booking. I remember with my first I had my booking at right at the start of 7 weeks only because I was out of the country travelling for work from week 7 til the end of week 9. It came either right as I got home or shortly after, so must have been around 10 weeks or so. I think it can be different though depending on where you live. Here we book ourselves in for the 20 week scan, but the midwives book the 12 week one.

When I had my booking in appointment I asked my midwife how long to leave it. She said if I'd not heard 2 weeks from that appointment I should call her to chase it up. My letter with scan date came 5 days later so they were pretty quick. 2 weeks from booking in would seem a sensible amount to wait before a chase to me

I was referred for my scan 2 weeks ago tomorrow but haven't heard a dickybird! As I've not heard anything i'm going to ring them and see if I have an appointment booked. I figure it cant hurt to ring...maybe you should just ring and check? xx

Getting impatient. I am just over 9 weeks but the midwives have dated me as 10 weeks today based on LMP and ive not yet heard. I am gonna chase it up on monday as i still need to sort childcare potentially take time off work as well as see if my OH can take time off aswell.

Getting impatient. I am just over 9 weeks but the midwives have dated me as 10 weeks today based on LMP and ive not yet heard. I am gonna chase it up on monday as i still need to sort childcare potentially take time off work as well as see if my OH can take time off aswell.

I've still not had the official letter confirming my appointment but I rang and chased it and I've been booked in for 6th July. I'm just assuming the letter was lost in the post!

I'd deffo chase in case like me, you do have an appointment booked but for whatever reason haven't had the letter x

I did the same Wills and have an app on July 12th. She said my letter should be out this week so we shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->