LH surge after temp rise? Please help

KrissyB

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Ugh... Looking for some help this morning, ladies.
So this is my first cycle temping and first time using OPKs. I'm CD 17 and usually have 26 day cycles. Going by my temps, I think it looks like I could easily be 2-3 dpo. I never gotten a positive OPK, but maybe I just missed the surge or the OPKs stink.
But to make matters more complicated, I noticed yesterday that my lines were starting to look a little darker. And today they are the darkest I've ever seen them (see pic). It is still a negative test I think, but it's getting mighty close to the control line. Now I'm terrified that may be I didn't O yet and with shorter cycles, I've might have a serious problem if I'm Oing this late. And is it possible to have a temp increase and LH spike at the same time? I mean my temps haven't gotten super high yet, but still a pretty clear increase.....
So confused and trying hard not to get over stressed about this :wacko:
TIA for any help anyone can give.

Attachments

• OPK_0610_945.jpg
    OPK_0610_945.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 8
I would say you are possibly 2 dpo but a couple more raised temps will confirm that. Your opk is not positive but looks like mine does right after I O. What time of day do you test and is it possible you missed your surge? If not it is also possible you are having a higher fluctuation of LH during your luteal phase which isn't uncommon. I used to get positive and almost positive opks during my luteal phase.

I agree with Pandi....I'd say you ovulated on CD15 and if tomorrow's temp is high you'll get some cross hairs.

I agree another temp rise and you should get a crosshair x

Would cross hairs and/or a consistent temp rise negate any future opk results?

Once you get cross hairs I would stop using OPK's...temps are a more reliable way to detect ovulation than OPK's will ever be.

What beachy said because as I mentioned before your lh can surge more than once which is why temping is so helpful. If you weren't temping you'd not have a back up system to know exactly when you O'd and it would be very confusing right now.

That being said if your temp doesn't stay elevated and goes back down and you get an actual positive opk then that would be your actual O possibly. Give it a few more days and if you are still peeing on opk's just keep in mind lh surges during the luteal phase as well but your bbt should be your determining factor.

Thank you all for the advice! I thought that having all this extra information from temping and OPKs would make TTC easier/more straight forward... but I'm starting to think maybe ignorance was bliss LOL.
Anyway, hopefully my temps stay high and I'll count all the OPKs as negative (regardless of when they were darker or lighter negatives) and just assume I missed the surge.

Im with u girl i have a bad lp (short) ill be happy if i make it past tomorrow with no sign of AF! of course id like for my temps to rise i took b6 this cycle lets see if it gets my cycle back.to my old normal 28 day cycles fxxx for u girl

So... I did get my cross hairs yesterday. But then I lost them today. My OPKs have consistently been pretty dark but not quite positve... Until today. I've attached a pic of today's OPK. I mean it's definitely not darker than the control line, but it's pretty darn close. And that coupled with the temp dip, I'm guessing today is my O? Even though it's day 19 out of a usual 26-27 day cycle?

I was pretty sick in the middle of the month, so maybe it's a delayed O? Does that mean I'm out this month, or is it just going to be a really long cycle?
Thanks for all of your help everybody :cry:

Attachments

• OPK_0612_920.jpg
    OPK_0612_920.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 4
A lot of things can delay O.....I think you should assume you haven't O'd yet and BD as much as possible until you get some solid higher temps and FF gives you cross hairs for good.

More than likely you are gearing up to O again. It happens and try not to stress too much (easier said than done). BD if you can and fingers crossed this is O!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->