LH Surge/OPK/Eggie Question (Any Assistance Please Ladies?)

Vanic

Reaction score
Few questions here girls.... (asked something earlier but this is more clear and different)

As I am so confused! (Keep thinking to myself no worries you got this...but then I keep reading and reading and getting more confused) NO FUN!

So my questions are...
I used the clear blue easy digital ovulation kit (20 count) every single day.(first month) Well Saturday (27th) at 4pm I got my smiley 6 hours later I tested again and it was gone.(DH and I BD'ed 2 hours AFTER smiley then again 6 hours later)

Anywho...my question is are you ovulating during the lh surge or after?
Also how long does egg live after lh surge is gone?

We have done the baby dance total of 5 times in 3 days (2<27th -2<28th -1<29th)
Should we be covered or did I lose my chance once smiley was gone? :cry:

Ok so you will ovulate 12-48 hours after the lh surge. and the egg will survive for 24 hours. and nope you didnt lose your chance cause ya you dont ovulate till prob the next day!! GL

actually you did it perfectly. The day b4 the surge, the day of the surge and the day after which was good!! The only thing that may hinder your chances is how much you did it. 2x a day will make the sperm that is released less strong cause they havent had enough time to mature in him b4 being released. You need to give him time ot build back up again

Actually that is only if her partner has issues with his sperm. If he is a normal healthy man there should be no problem with him having sex every day or multiple times a day if he can :) :blush:

Mayo Clinic said:
Do have sex once a day near the time of ovulation. Daily intercourse during the days leading up to ovulation might increase the odds of conception. Although your partner's sperm concentration is likely to drop slightly each time you have sex, the reduction isn't usually an issue for healthy men.

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/how-to-get-pregnant/PR00103

Reuters said:
Reuters reports that having daily sex is now believed to be a good thing for couples trying to conceive. A new study by Dr. David Greening of Sydney IVF (an Australian IVF clinic) disputes the idea that abstinence helps to improve male fertility and instead recommends daily sex.

https://www.justmommies.com/getting...ing-pregnant/daily-sex-improves-sperm-quality

HTH :dust:

good to know. cause I was alittle panicked i did it two days in a row

Sounds like you are well covered! :thumbup:

As a tip for the sake of your sanity (and your wallet), I would suggest not doing any more OPKs once you get the first positive. I have also never understood why people test twice a day. Who cares how long your surge is, point is once you have a positive the eggy is (hopefully) coming in 12-48 hours. I switched from digis to cheap ebay ov tests a while back because they allow me to see the line fade in clearer than the blue dye on the digis so I know in advance to get BDing. If I feel rish I splash out on a digi when I am already pretty sure it's gonna be positive cos a smiley does always get me in a good mood. :happydance:

Hope to see you posting in the BFP section in a week or two. :dust:

This is some good info!

Quick question, I took the dollar store brand from CD11-13 (today) and there was a a faint line on days 11 and 12. now today (cd 13) it is gone, does that mean tonight is the night? I'm concerned because everyone say that there is always a faint line, for me that is not the case...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->