LH Surge Question, Put My Mind At Rest?

Lizzyxxx

No.3 On the way!
Reaction score
I have been using OPK since CD17 in pics shown.
This morning using Second Morning Urine i got a Positive which is great!
However, we :sex: Tuesday night at 11pm (CD17).
Basically what i am asking is, is it possible to have got my surge this morning when i tested or even in the night while asleep in order to increase my chances.
Wont have a chance to :sex: until Friday night as DH is away! So sex 2 days before ovulation it will be?!
Also i tested again just now and its still pos!

Attachments

• SNV30598.jpg
    SNV30598.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 18
it's said that ovulation occurs 12-36 hours after positive OPK

If you got a positive today you will probably O tomorrow or Saturday. So as soon as your OH arrives home you better get to it! Sperm can hang around in the right conditions I think up to 5 days but it's usually on average 2-3. Good luck!!!! :thumbup:

I see, so as soon as you get a positive, it doesn't mean you ovulate that same day then?!

A positive OPK means you'll usually O in the next 12-36 hours. It could even be 48 hours. It's good that you DTD last night after your first positive. Now try again when he gets home! I'm constantly battling with OH's schedule vs. my O. I feel like they are at battle sometimes. LOL

BUt it seems like you have a good chance. Plus, the eggy can live for 24 hours after it is released, though we're not supposed to rely on that. GL! and Babydust!

No we BD Tuesday and i only got my positive today! Am i out???

If he's home tomorrow- you'll likely be fine. Just jump him when he walks in! :)
The best way to tell when you O is by the temperature spike, then dip (along with any aches/twinges you feel in the uterine/ovary region).
Take your basal tomorrow morning. If it's 0.3-.6deg lower than your norm- you've likely ovulated.

Just DTD as soon as he gets in if you can! You could certainly still be in! GL!

I have read that its best to BD two to one day before and day of the positive LH spike, and the day after for insurance. I think the rationale is that it can take hours or even a day for the sperm to swim up to the fallopian tubes. The ideal situation is that the sperm are waiting for the egg, once it starts to travel down the tubes.

Good luck, i hope you get your BFP, and if it doesn't happen this time, think of all the things you learned this time round, to make next cycle a sure thing!!!

Thanks, ladies!! I have a positive this morning as well???

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->