LH tests

teech5

Reaction score
Hey all,
Been opk testing for 2 months. Will the surge happen the same time every month? Mine is a bit off. Havent had the surge yet and should today.
ugh!

hi Teech
Cant offer much concrete advice really. I have yet to master the OPKs! Are you using Clear Blue sticks? the ones with the smile when your surge is due? In my experience, you never get a smile when you think you probably should. The advice seems to be, test more than once a day so you dont miss the surge but the Clear Blue sticks are so expensive, that seems an expensive way of finding out your fertile window. I have some cheapy sticks I bought online. Other people haves suggested to use those until you get a 'dark line' and then use a CB to see that smile! Good luck!

I was beginning to think I wasn't getting it. Decided this month to test twice a day (around 8am and 6pm) just to make sure I would see if there was consistency in last months result.

I'm letting the ovulation calendar on my phone play tricks with my head b/c right now it says I should be ovulating, but if I count the days, today is the same amount of days from the start of my period to the day I actually showed a surge last month.

I'm new to all of this, and I just get nervous that I waited too long to ttc.

Think I will invest in some of the cheapy tests.

I got the clear blue easy fertility monitor 5 months ago used on ebay (she said it was new...I was a bit disappointed). But it turns out the thing works really well despite being used. I O between the 17-20th every month now. I test with the CBEFM in the morning and take a first response OPK with the double lines to work to test in the afternoon. Not all months have been really strong ovulator months so it's easier for me to read the double lines that gradually get darker. I'm on day 15 this month and don't even register on the monitor but the double lines from first response work REALLY well. I can see something's waking up! Otherwise, I have no idea what's going on until I'm 1-2 days before the surge. They said with chlomid the cbefm won't work as it monitor's estrogen and LH. This news freaked me out so i started testing twice/day with the first response too. Chlomid competes so clear blue could potentially give a potentially false reading.

I hate the smiley anything:
1. they're WAY too expensive
2. the home preg tests need you to be at a VERY high hcg level before it will read positive, I'd like to know right away asap thank you ;)
3. the OPK's are too easy to miss and some women have LH hormone levels so low they won't register for this reason the double line paper chromotography is much more reliable. First Response OPK & Early Response HPT are my favourites. The HPT measured me when I was only at 7 ml/u with my chemical preg. That's pretty darn sensitive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->