Lifting while pregnant question?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by 18NPregnant, Jan 25, 2011.

1. 18NPregnant

18NPregnant Mommy of 2

Hi i am 20 weeks pregnant with my second child and my son is 9 months, is it normal to be getting cramps and pains in which i buckle over when i lift him adn carry him, what do i do im the only one home during the day

2. Chantibug

Chantibug (almost) mother of 3 !

idk if it's normal.. my youngest is 3 right now and i lift him no problems. Make sure to lift with your legs , not your back. It could be the way you stand after you've lifted him, pulling on the ligaments in there..?

3. Lil_Apple

Lil_Apple Mummy to 3 Beautiful Boys

I do the same with my two year old. I lift with my legs and just carry him when I have to x

4. Mummy to be x

Mummy to be x The 4 of us...♡

Not too sure but I have just been doing a lot of house work today, Lifting the vak up and down the stairs etc and I have had a few niggly cramps. Call your MW if you continue getting pains

5. rocker_mama

rocker_mama Guest

I lift my 40 pounder and haven't had any bad pains and I am 37 weeks...I would talk to your doc or mw just to make sure.