Lifting

tl682

Reaction score
Are we supposed to not lift anything when pregnant?? Dd is 28 pounds, and I have been holding her, rocking her to sleep while walking around with her, lifting her into the crib... What's the issue with lifting??

I think..(could be wrong) But I think as long as your body is used to lifting something regularly (like your toddler) you should be fine. I think its the lifting and straining yourself that isn't good. I pick my 24 pound son up multiple times daily. Just don't over do it.

Whatever you're use to should be fine for now. Your body will tell you right away when it's too much *ouch* Bend your knees to prevent overuse of your tummy if a questionable amount of weight is lifted.

I pick up DD for cuddles and she's 33 pounds atm. She's almost at the stage now though that she's too heavy for me to carry around, so I think i'll delegate the carrying jobs to DF from now on!

I still lift both my kiddos and they're 26lbs and 44lbs! I carry my daughter in a carrier for at least an hour a day as well. I am going to listen to my body on this one and if it starts feeling like I shouldn't them I'll stop.

I would say your okay as long as you done it pre-pregnancy, and my dr told me this as well cause i asked about working out the last night. This time im a different case cause i was told not to life cause of a hemmorage. But unless you have a case like that and dr says no, lift away lol...I just wouldn't go over 50-60 lbs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->