Light bleeding and cramps 5 weeks

Laroawan

Reaction score
Sitting in the ER waiting to be seen. Had some moderate cramping this evening in my lower pelvis and in the cervix. Feels similiar to period cramps. Went to washroom and there was red/pink blood when I wiped. No clots and not in underwear. Called nursed hotline and they suggested going to ER.

Nervous now of course. Im 5w1d. Anyone have bleeding and cramps at 5 weeks and everything turn out okay?

Yup.... had bleeding/clot and thought I was 6-7 weeks and the scan showed nothing and was told I was either not pregnant/ectopic or around 4 weeks. Had bloods drawn over a couple days and hcg was rising. Went back at 5 weeks and possible saw something then again at 7 and there he was. Had some more bleeding at 8 weeks and again at 10 but now 36 weeks.

Really hope it all works out for you :hugs:

Thanks neverbeast. Bleeding is slowing and turning brown but still crampy. Now waiting in the testing area I'm guessing for us. Already had blood drawn waiting for results. No fever and blood pressure normal.

The tests last night looked okay. Cervix is closed and they couldn't see any blood at the opening. They didn't tell me hcg numbers but seems they are at least positive. Have ultrasound booked for this afternoon to get a better look.

Unfortunately because of the possibility of ectopic I'm not cleared to fly today so we wont be able to attend DHs grandmas funeral.

Aw that's a shame about the funeral :(

All the best for your ultrasound. I had a bleed at 5 weeks with my first baby. All was fine x

I know how you must feel right now. I had to go in last night because I'm spotting as well. Mine is just brown though and don't have any cramps with it (aside from the cramps that come and go which started at the beginning of my pregnancy). But I have yet to get my numbers or my results. They want me to go back in tomorrow and get another Beta to see if my levels are rising or falling. Weird thing is that during my Transabdominal the doctor saw something but couldn't tell what it was and refused to do a Transvaginal since "they never do them this early" and the nurse who I talked to to make a follow up appointment this morning didn't even schedule me and said she'd talk to my OBGYN to see what she wanted to do but simply told me to just take it easy.

Pregnant women can literally bleed for anything and everything. You can take a long walk and start bleeding because the uterus is full of blood. You could be having Breakthrough Bleeding, or even Implantation bleeding (which can come out pink or brown. I've even heard of women having red implantation bleeding and the baby coming out just fine). But I hope everything comes out okay for you :). Sending positivity your way!

I bled heavily for about 5 days and needed pads but had not clots. I just got a scan yesterday at 5 weeks 3 days and the yolk sac and feta pole had appeared since my previous scan so so far so good! I also bled with my last pregnancy and she's 20 months next week :)

Have my US in an hour and feeling nervous but hopeful.

Update when you can, I'm anxiously waiting to hear. Even tho early for a heartbeat, hoping they see a snug little bean in there!

Didn't see anything on ultrasound but they didn't seem concerned as only 541hcg. That number seems low but if I do the math from when I got my bfp it seems pretty on target. Have more blood to do on Thursday to make sure numbers are doubling. Second ultrasound in a week or two depending on what the blood numbers are at.

Fingers crossed for you <3

I'm in a state lately too - symptoms started out so intensely even before I tested, hcg 458 at 4 weeks 1 day, and now I feel completely different...... I am so worried. This waiting and worrying thing is crippling :( Had a blood draw today and will hopefully get the results in the morning. Another blood test Thursday, and I don't think I'll be able to breathe until I have those results hopefully Friday. Then I can know what my levels are really doing.

Maybe we can keep each other company while waiting. I really hope my bad feeling is completely wrong. I'm trying to stay positive but I'm in this dark cloud... Maybe for nothing.

Fingers crossed for you Ella. I hope we can both go on to have a healthy 9 months. Waiting is hard especially when things aren't feeling right.

Got my blood results from yesterday - hcg 4350.

So...

4 w 1 day preg - Feb. 16 - hcg 458
5 w 1 d preg - Feb. 23 - hcg 4350

Doubling time of 2.2 days.

Doesn't tell me tho if it's actually going DOWN now... Will know that after tomorrow's results.

I feel HALF relieved! Will feel much much better once I know it's STILL doubling!

Make sure you update with your results <3 Fingers crossed.

I've had spotting on and off (more on) for two weeks now :cry: I've got a Scan on Monday but expecting the worst

Oh C Beary I'm sorry to hear that... :( What are your levels doing? It could just be something like a subchorionic hematoma... And nothing actually wrong per se. My best friend had lots of spotting and now has a beautiful 2 year old boy. I really hope you get good news! What a stressful time. <3

Thanks. My levels were dpo doubling fine, but not had them checked for a couple of weeks. I'll just have to wait till Monday.

Sorry to hear that c beary. Hope everything looks good at your next scan. My MIL told me she had some intense bleeding with her first son in the first trimester. Everything turned out fine in the end.

My lower spine and hips are so sore today. Don't know if it's related to the spotting or from sitting in the awful ER waiting room chairs for about 9 hours total over the past 2 days. When I google it this pain seems really similar to SPD but I think I'm too early for that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->