Light Brown Discharge at 5 Weeks?

kategirl

PAL w/ #2
Reaction score
Last night (around 4 am; my toddler was up sick) I went to the bathroom and noticed staining on my panties. Checking my CM, I found it was light brown/tan. It's still the same this morning (about 5 hours later). I'm just 5w0d today. I still have very strong lines on my IC's (darker than control). I feel like my symptoms have kind of been gone the last couple days, but they weren't too strong in the first place.

I've had two CP, one at 4w3d and one at 5w3d. Both of those started with very red spotting. We haven't BD'd since the beginning of the week since my toddler has been sick. I've been stressed out due to her being sick (toddlers in pain and throwing up are stressful!). I also kind of feel like I'm getting the sore throat my husband had a week ago.

I know brown spotting can be normal, but I'm not encouraged by all the websites that say that 50% of women who have spotting end up keeping their babies. I have had a bad feeling about this pregnancy since I found out about it two weeks ago, I think because I just had a CP last month.

Anyone had this and went on to have a good outcome? Anyone actually know how common brown spotting is in normal pregnancies?

Oh, and I did also get some red spotting with my daughter, but that was right when AF would have been due right at 4 weeks. AF should have started last Sundat normally.

I had brown discharge when I was pregnant with my daughter. It was dark and like lines almost stringy. All was fine, dr. Said it was uterus wall expanding. What does cp mean?

Atx, sorry, CP means chemical pregnancy (often what they call a miscarriage before seeing the heartbeat).

Well, it went away for a little bit, but now it's pink... :(

Sending positive thoughts your way kategirl :hugs:

I am sorry to hear this! Could you get,into your doc earlier than normal to get checked out. Since my friend had an early mc, her doc will see her at six weeks for an is to make sure everything is ok. I have the same doc, but they won't see me till 8 weeks.

See if your doc will let you come in for hcg and progesterone tests 2-3 days apart.

I also heard brown spotting is okay. I had bright red twice without cramps and it was fine too. Saw hb few days later at 6weeks. Saw bleeding in my uterus too but far from the sac. It must be the culprit. If you see doctor, they can give you progresterone pills or gel to keep your womb relax.

My doctor's office says you can't be seen until 8 weeks (and then it's only with an RN) unless you're having a lot of pain. But luckily the spotting stopped, so I'm hopeful that it's just some spotting and nothing to worry about! I'm going to try to just keep cool about it unless it goes to bght red and keeps up over a couple hours - I did have red spotting a couple times right around when AF was due with my DD, but it never lasted long. The times when it lasted more than about an hour, it was my CPs.

If your doctor does abdominal u/s, he/she can only start detect hb at 8 weeks. I did mine via transvaginal u/s which hb can be detected as early as 6 weeks. They usually say 8 weeks or more to make sure they get something and you don't need to come back to confirm. Anyway, I'm glad you are doing fine now.

At my doc, they like to wait till 8 weeks, but 2 of my friends have gone at 6 weeks due to complications in previous pregnancys. Both had a normal US and they detected hb. I know they do like to wait till 8 to make sure though.

I know that you often can see a heartbeat earlier and that some doctors will check for you, but mine won't (unless you have symptoms of ectopic) since there's not really anything they can do for early losses. They said if you've had three or more losses since your last live child, then they'd do some additional betas and labs, but not for fewer losses.

No more spotting, so I have fx!

Ugh, now it's back to a really weird beige/light brown color. But it's light enough that I think a lot of women wouldn't even notice it, so I'm still hoping it's just part of the norm.

And now my CM is more watery and pink again. I hate this! :(

With my 5+4 miscarriage, I started with horrendous cramps before spotting. Have you had pain?

No, no pain, but I didn't have any pain at all before bleeding with either of my past CPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->