Light Brown Discharge at 5 Weeks?

hope everything is ok for you

with my dd I bled bright red blood at 6 weeks then several more times that pregnancy.

this time I found out right before I went on vacation. but a few days later I had brown discharge for 2-3 days. I didn't get back till 2-3 wks later so I wasn't seen by anyone. had a u/s last week & nothing abnormal showed up at all. I assumed it was implantation bleeding.

Still pink CM/very light spotting on and off. :(

However, I found an interesting study I wanted to share. It found that about 25% of women have some bleeding in the first trimester, and the rate of miscarriage is basically the same if you have (light) bleeding or not (actually, it was 1% LESS likely in their data set If you had bleeding). Also, prior miscarriages greatly increases your chances of bleeding. It seemed reassuring to me!
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2884141/

Thanks for sharing that data! Good to know!

Well, I started having light bleeding this evening, so I'm guessing it will be a third chemical/early miscarriage. :(

Kate, do you plan to see doctor? Have you check your blood rhesus? If you are - and your dh is +, it may be the problem but doctor can give you injection to prevent it in the future or if you have low progesterone, they can give you medication next time you are pregnant again. Just a thought but I hope it is not cp.

Disturbia - With my first loss they did a blood type on me and found I was A+, so they said it wasn't an issue.

And, so.... the light bleeding stopped overnight. Not a single spot on my pad when I woke up this morning, and now my CM is just pink. I don't know what's going on. I'm going to call my doctor's as soon as they open to see if I can at least convince them to do betas. My wondfos are a bit lighter this morning, but the diluted one is much darker than the undiluted, so it might be issues with hook effect at this point.

I was running around a bunch last night since my cat escaped and we had to chase her around all of the neighbor's backyards. I didn't notice that I had bleeding until I went to the bathroom a couple hours after, and at that point the bleeding must have stopped since it was gone overnight. Do you think the running around could have been a factor in why it turned into real bleeding instead of just when I wiped?

I'm not sure but I hope the Dr investigates the spotting and bleeding :hugs:

Yay, nurse on the on-call line was VERY sympathetic and helpful (unlike the last one I had talked to) and said since I had two previous losses it made sense for me to come in today and get checked out and get set up for betas. I have an appointment at 11:15 (they had internal meetings all morning so that was the earliest slot). At least I can get some confirmation to see if things are going the right direction or not!

Yes, it happened to me. I had sch, small one and I spotted when I walk a lot. I stay at home doing nothing for a week. I lift my legs a bit with pillows when I am on sofa or bed. Some ladies have bigger sch and they bleed more than I do. Hope you get a good news!

Well, cervix is still closed and she didn't see any more blood. I got my first beta drawn and will get a second on Friday so we can compare and see what's going on.

Well, cervix was closed, she said she didn't see any more blood, and my uterus felt normal. And my first beta was 15,049, which is really high for 5w3d! So far, good signs, and we'll see where my beta is on Friday.

I had brown bleeding at 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 9 weeks (red bleed) and 11 weeks and had U/S each time. It was really really scary as it is my first pregnancy after 2.5 years TTC.

I'm now 34 weeks and haven't had any bleeding since 11 weeks.

I really hope that you have a good outcome and hope that this offers some encouragement!

Elodie

Ur numbers seem good! I had bleeding last time and it ended up twinnies!! I bleed randomly like u.

Fingers crossed xxxx

hey kategirl. i hope you are doing well today. i had a MC in February that started out with one week of unexplained spotting.. they did an US and everything looked normal (saw a heartbeat.. but it was low - 108bpm). one week later i did start to miscarry. so bleeding and spotting totally freak me out..

I am now 7w1d and had some spotting at 5w4d. i had absolutely nothing and then i had one wipe of bright red. it totally freaked me out. the next morning i went in and had my bloods taken.. hcg came back at 11,500ish. 2 days later it was 20,478. i also just had my US yesterday and baby is perfectly healthy with a hb of 124bpm. over this last 2 weeks or so i have had a few times where i had brown cm and it freaked us out. but you are right - it is common in about 25% of pregnancies. my dr told me that i have a friable cervix and the bleeding was probably caused by sex (5 hours prior to the bleeding). i have learned now that brown really doesnt mean much. the sad thing that doctors keep telling me is that 50% of pregnancies do end in miscarriage. its so heartbreaking. i always have that in the back of my mind.. but now that your HCG is progressing nicely that should be a HUGE weight off your back!! hang in there mama.. hope you can find some comfort and relaxation!!

So, now I don't know what to think... my beta from this morning was 21,000, which isn't a huge increase from two days ago. My doctor is only "causiously optimistic" and wants me to do a repeat beta again (though I can't until Tuesday evening due to a trip/work) because it wasn't rising enough. The RN I talked to said my doctor was concerned by the numbers. Though the PA I saw on Wednesday said that it may not double and that as long as it rose a bit she wasn't worried, and from reading online it stops doubling as quickly once it gets fairly high (I saw that the limit is alround 6,000 for 48 hours doubling). Thoughts? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->