Lightweight!

LynnieH

Reaction score
Had Frankie weighed today and she has gone from being on the 75th centile line down to the 25th centile. HV said not to worry as she was probably going to be a littlie but I can't hep worrying. She was just above the 25th centile lline when born but steadily gained weight. Did anyone else have this with their little ones? She is defo growing as she is going up clothes sizes and has chubby little legs! Could you just give me some reassurance?

im totally lost wen it comes 2 centiles etc i dont understand lol!!!

25th centile means something like 25 in every 100 will weigh less than the line and 75 more. 50 is average. Jonny was always on the 90th centile (10 in every 100 measured that or more) for height and 75 centile for weight (25 in every 100 weighed that or more).

Ok i no get that either lol ....

Frankie is a very healthy, cute, happy little girl!

She is growing and eating so i really wouldn't worry to much hun!

If she wasn't then panic!
xxx

yea judging by the piccies u posted she looks perfect!!!

Seren did this, and I really struggled with the worry. Have you got the breastfeeding groth charts in your book, when I switched the difference wasn't so extreme. Formula babies grow a lot quicker then booby babies. As long as she is gaining weight, alert and giving you plenty of dirty nappies she is doing great. After ages on the 25th Seren then shot up onto the 75th so I think its normal :)

No breastfeeding charts, do you know where I could get them from?

Ask your HV she should have them. If not I will have a look round and see if I can find them. It pees me off when they don't put them in. I think this was part of the reason my PND got so bad, as I was convinced I couldn't care for her right when all along my milk was perfectly fine. She is a real stocky 15 month old now lol, but now I woprry she is putting on too much weight. Am never happy am I hehe.

Just let us know if you need the link hun.

Well good news she is now up to 13lb 6oz and this puts her back up on the line she was on when she was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->