lilly and her blanket??????????????

kelly2903

mum2princess an expectin
Reaction score
well after 2 days in hospital, we came home and for all day lilly done really well 4 hourly feeds on the dot. good good but come last feed at mid night she would get her self in a right state. really screaming like something was hurting. i just didnt no what to do on saturday night after 2 hours of screaming her dad said he would take over and should go bed. he had his top off and she snuggled right into him and fell asleep. same again sunday night and she searchs around with her mouth like she is hungry but isnt. yesterday i noticed while on her changing mat she was trying to snuggle her face into her blanket, so i folded it at the side of her head and she snuggled into it. last night i did the same when settling her and she went straight down. and today she has slept really well with her blanket over one side of her face.
i hate this because she wants her face in there i try take it away when she is settled but she wakes up searching for it with her mouth. what can i do. it scares me to death and i cant get much done cause im always making sure she is ok.:hissy::hissy:

Perhaps its not her blanket really that she is after and just the feeling that she is being held. Have you got her in a moses basket? Trying rolling a blanket up and putting it down once side of her... or if you slep her on her side place it down the back of her.. This way she will feel secure and still feel like some oe is holding her. Some babys just like to feel secure.

I could be wrong and this may not be the case at all but perhaps worth a go... and if it works you wont constatnly be worried that she may suffocate from her blanket.

x

Rhiannon did the same, she head bobs and shakes it from side to side and we thought it was food she wanted but it was a dummy...:baby: for the first 2 weeks after giving her one she wanted it constantly, now though she only wants it when tired or hungry...

Rhiannon did the same, she head bobs and shakes it from side to side and we thought it was food she wanted but it was a dummy...:baby: for the first 2 weeks after giving her one she wanted it constantly, now though she only wants it when tired or hungry...
yeah thats what she does but its the blanket she wants or to be held. but i cant hold her all the time. ill be making a rod for my own back cause she then wont go to sleep without been held so i would rather her have a blanket, just scary. my sister in law has told me you can get special ones which are breathable. so im going to invest in one.:happydance:

Have you tried swaddling her in the basket. Maybe she still feels there's just too much room about her after being in such a small space in your belly for so long so this may calm her down??

Babies just always want to be held and feel secure.... It is natural. They become very anxious when away from their parents, and need to feel they are always there.

I use slings and co-sleeping to settle my LO.... But I agree it isn't for anyone. But was my lifesaver. As he became more content, and putting him in a sling and going for a walk did wonders for colic.....

I agree with the swaddling, and generally just making her feel more secure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->