Limbo Question

foreverj

Reaction score
Hi all!

First time posting and still learning all the acronyms for all these forums. I had a question and I hope this is the right area of the boards to post it. We are very very new to TTC and have decided to start off without any OPKs or anything. We figured we'd just try and see how things go before we become more technical with everything.

That being said, I have an irregular period and hence this limbo is really unpredictable for me. One thing I wasn't sure about was...since you don't know if you're pregnant or not, what do you do with eating foods that you should avoid if you're actually pregnant? I say this because I have a group of friends and family who are very perceptive and should I start avoiding certain foods/drinks, they will notice. I know I could avoid them but without knowing if I'm actually pregnant or not (or even how long it will take)...it's a bit hard. Are you okay to eat things like raw oysters or drink alcohol before you confirm a bfp?

Any help would be appreciated! Still trying to understand the terms of limbo.

Thanks!

It's really a matter of personal choice. Some carry on business as usual while others would feel more comfortable abstaining.

I agree with Weebles, its a matter of personal choice. It's not likely that I would be eating oysters regularly so that wouldn't concern me lol but for alcohol, I may only drink 1 or 2 glasses a week and will continue until I get that +hpt. That's my choice and I don't see any harm in it. However some will want to avoid completely as they may feel it's the best for them :)

It's really a matter of personal choice. Some carry on business as usual while others would feel more comfortable abstaining.

I agree with this. Last cycle, I avoided everything that I wouldn't be able to have...or would only be able to have in moderation in pregnancy and had a BFN. This cycle, I have decided to just go on as if it was any other cycle.

That being said, my last pregnancy I went into a hot tub a couple times not knowing I was pregnant. I ended up losing that pregnancy at 5-6 weeks and I have always been haunted by the idea that maybe it was because I went into that hot tub. Intellectually I know that given what I know of that pregnancy that that is not likely, but I am still haunted by it.

Then again, my pregnancy before that I didn't know I was pregnant and just went about my life. That little girl is 2.5 years old now and healthy as a horse. Edited to say, that after I found out I was pregnant, I followed all the rules by the letter.

It is all your choice ❤️

Thank you so much for all the replies! Really appreciate it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->