Line not darkening much. Terrified of another miscarriage. :(

surprisepreg

Reaction score
Hey ladies. So I'm still dealing with the grief of a misscariage (possible blighted ovum) and d &c back in March. I took a very early pregnsncy test last week (measures 10 hcg and was taken neatly a week before missed period) and at first I thought I could see a faint line, but only at certain angles and in certain light.

Since then, the line has darkened into an actual, noticeable line, but is still very faint. I would have expected a 10 hcg test to darken more by now? I took a clear blue week estimator last Thursday and it said pregnant, 1-2 weeks. I repeated that test yesterday and it still said 1-2 weeks. I wanted to wait to set up an apt with my Ob because I know she will do an ultrasound and I don't want it to be too early to see anything. I figured I'd wait two weeks or so. That said, I'm worried about the not darkening line. I don't feel super pregnant at this point but it's early so that's to be expected? I figure im somewhere between 4 and 5 weeks. I do not know when I ovulated but I do know when I had sex.

My last period was May 30th. My periods are typically between 32 and 36 days in length. I had sex on the 17th of June and got the very very faint positive, only at certain angles, on the 30th. Two days later, it was a real line.

Any thoughts and advice is much appreciated!!

I would say that in my experience, line progressions vary from brand to brand. Some tests are very good at showing consistently darkening lines, and others aren't. More generally, differences in the dilution of your pee, time of day, etc... can all cause variations in what the tests can detect, and especially early on, this can mean variations in the darkness of the line. With my current pregnancy (which, as far as I know, is going great), my line kept getting a little darker, then stopped getting darker and stayed the same, then got a little lighter, then got darker again. It was probably just that my pee varied in HCG concentration. Also, as I'm sure you know, there's this thing called the hook effect..if you have more HCG than the test is designed to handle, the line actually gets lighter. This normally happens (if at all) at 7+ weeks, but if you're using super-sensitive tests, it's possible you would see this happening earlier.

Of course, I don't know your situation or the reality of this pregnancy, but I can say that unless your line completely goes away for several days in a row, line progression is unlikely to tell you too much. I think the idea of waiting a few weeks and getting an ultrasound (tough though it will be to wait) sounds like a great one.

Thanks for the reply. It definitely helps to hear your experiences. So far I'm still getting a line, it definitely hasn't gone away, so I will take that as a positive. :). Thanks again for your reply!

The IC are rubbish with progression! I gave up after week 5!
As for the digi- they can be hit and miss too. I remember in my last pregnancy the worry it caused when it hadn't moved up a week as expected

In my experiance my lines took a while to darken i was 5 weeks before i got a good solid line and as for the digital if you the same test the next day the hormone may not have doubled yet so the test wouldnt pick it up try waiting 2-3 days and test again i dont think you have anything to worry about, good luck

I'm pretty sure I'm having a miscarriage. My pregnancy tests have turned negative now. :'(

I seem to have the same problem with my 10ml ic's surprise!

Are you sure they have gone negative - how long did you hold your pee for? Hope it's not a mc hun xxx fingers crossed for u hun xx

I'm sure they are negative. Took two 10 hcg ones and a clear blue :'(. I'm so sad

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->