Lines are so faint - CHEMICAL PREGNANCY

AussieBub

Mum to 2DD & 1DS
Reaction score
Hi there,

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure I am pregnant. My period was due on the 18th but didn't start. I took a test yesterday and the second line was so faint you could barely see it but it was there. Today I took another test and again a line has shown up but its even fainter than the one yesterday. I have better tests coming today so I'll test again tomorrow but I feel like I'm in limbo right now. I think I am pregnant because my breasts have started producing colostrum again. Not a whole lot, just a couple drops but I've not had anything come out my breasts in almost 3 years. I have no pregnancy symptoms but my period still hasn't shown up so I don't know. I know they say that a line, no matter how faint is a positive but these lines are SO faint that I just can't convince myself they're real.

I'm attaching a photo of the first test, opinions would be greatly appreciated. The line is so hard to see in the picture but please tell me, do you think its positive or negative?

-AussieBub

20211019_132913.jpg

I see the line, it looks like it could be the start of a Bfp. Hopefully your tests will get darker in the next couple of days.

Thank you ladies. My partner can also see the lines on both test which says something haha. I just keep looking at both tests and doubting them. I know faint lines still mean a positive result but I've never had lines this faint before. I've just been worried about getting my hopes up.

Thank you for your replies, I'm glad other people can see the line and I'm not going crazy haha.

I took a FRER:RR this afternoon. I couldn't wait to take it with first pee tomorrow. It came back negative :/ I'm two days passed my period due date, I know I used afternoon pee but I honestly thought FRER would be sensitive enough to still detect something. So now I have to insanely faint positive cheap tests and 1 negative test.

Top is the first test. Middle is this mornings test with a fainter line than yesterday and then the negative test from this afternoon. I should also add that the first two tests, the faint line appeared within 3 minutes so they're definitely not evap lines.

-AussieBub

20211020_181359.jpg

Tested with the FRER:RR with my first pee this morning... BFN :( I'm heart broken. We've been trying for so long. Those two faint positives weren't fair. Question now is, were they false positives or did I have a chemical pregnancy? :(

-AussieBub

I couldn't help myself. I feel pregnant and there's still no sign of my period starting. So I took another test. Once again, I got an infuriatingly faint line. That's two extremely faint positives with cheap store brand tests. Two negatives with FRER:RR and now an extremely faint positive with Clearblue Early response. My period is now 5 days late. Can you see the faint line in this test?

-AussieBub

20211023_193345.jpg

I looked at the test again 10 mins after I took that photo. The line has gotten darker. The super faint line appeared within the first 10 mins and its just slowly getting darker with time. Thoughts?

20211023_194257.jpg

Clearer again. So the faint line appeared within 10 mins but its gotten much darker passed the 10 min mark. Anyone else experienced this with a clearblue rapid result? The result getting darker with time? I've never used this particular test before.

20211023_202011.jpg

I think the blue dye tests particularly are bad for evap lines and shouldn't be read after the 5 minute mark as they do darken as they dry.
Do you have any idea when you ovulated this cycle? Could it be you ovulated later and are just not as many dpo as you thought?
Best of luck with it xxx

This was my BFP at 10dpo with this current baby. They can be so faint x

3F2568D5-521D-491F-8B2B-348D71442EFF.jpeg

And this was 12 dpo. Hope that helps gauge the lines for blue dyes x

CFA9607E-A795-47D5-9655-BA84E20AAB02.jpeg

To be fair, actually mine was really quite faint with this test at 11dpo too!
I'd say if you can see a line come up in the alloted time test again in a day or 2 and you might notice something darker. Fingers crossed! Xx

20211020_052034.jpg

Sorry for the delayed response. It all got a little too much for me to handle emotionally. I contacted my gp last Thursday and he told me to wait 2-3 weeks until testing again. So he doesn't want me testing again before Nov 11th. I'm going crazy though. My breasts have started getting a little tender, I do need to pee a little more than usual, I'm over 2 weeks late now and I'm definitely having mood swings.

I'm scared because I'm starting to feel an attachment to this pregnancy and I'm not even 100% sure it's real. The doctor told me none of the hormone issues I've had or my PCOS would cause faint positives so he think I either am pregnant or I was and had a chemical pregnancy. That's why he wants me to wait 2-3 weeks before testing again. I just don't think I can wait that long. I'm growing attached to something that might not even be there. It's killing me :(

How long since you last tested? That must be so frustrating for you, I really feel for you :hugs:
Not sure I'd be able to hold off that long but I am a self confessed POAS addict!!
Would your doc not consider doing a blood test to see what your hcg levels are? That should give you an answer either way and save you agonising over this for another 2 weeks. Hugs to you xxx

That's actually why I contacted the doctors...I requested a blood test but that's when he told me to wait 2-3 weeks to test again. If next Thursday I get another bet faint positive or a negative but my period still hasn't started, I'll call back and demand a blood test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->