Lines getting lighter on pregnancy test ??

M

mummy2be123

Hi can anyone help me please im soooo worried !!

I had my bfp saturday night ... and ive tested everyday since with a first response test. Now today I tested as soon as I got up and the line is lighter then yesterday and now im soooo worried i feel sick ..

Can it mean anything?? A few people have told me they had this n had a miscarriage so im worrying even more

Can i request a blood test off my doctor as my doctors dont do pregnancy tests, thanks x

Hi hun,

i took a frer at 12dpo evening time and it was very very dark!!! the following morning i took another test of the same box and the line was lighter, and this was with fmu.

everything is good so far, i wouldn't worry.

if you want to confirm pregnancy with blood test you can have a BHcg done and repeat it after a couple of days to see if numbers are going up.

i don't know about the us, but in the uk this kind of test is not under nhs so you will have to contact a private clinic to have it done, it cost about 35 pounds and they call you after 2 hours to tell you the results.

hope this helps

I had my bfp saturday night ... and ive tested everyday since with a first response test. Now today I tested as soon as I got up and the line is lighter then yesterday and now im soooo worried i feel sick ..

Can it mean anything?? A few people have told me they had this n had a miscarriage so im worrying even more

Can i request a blood test off my doctor as my doctors dont do pregnancy tests, thanks x

Are you using the same brand of test each day?
I tested very faint in a IC, then bfn on a Boots brand then bfp on a sainsbury one then only very very faint on an IC!!!
You are still very early!! Any the amount of HCG in ur urine can fluctuate if your drinking lots!
Get a 'proper' test , clearblue and try with first morning urine tomoro!
If that is negative then you may have had a 'chemical pregnancy'. But fingers crossed your levels are just rising slowly!! best of luck hunny xxx

Thanks for both of your replies I live in the UK and i suppose i can phone my doctors theres no harm in asking if i can have a blood test right?

I tested everyday with a first response test and on sunday i did a clearblue digital 1-2 weeks on it .. I have one left, should i test with that or is it pointless ? Cause either way ill be worrying

thanks xx

I stopped testing after I got 3 positives and as a result I have no idea whether my tests will have gotten lighter or not. Ignorance is bliss!!!!!

Thanks but its hard I worry about miscarriage i did with my son ive just done my clearblue digitial thats still pregnant 1-2 weeks but its the lines i worried about

I know this is a dumb question but is there a way i can tell if my urine was dilute or not? My first test first response my urine was dark ... my clearblue just it was light ..

heres what happened with me hun. I tested early and got a very faint line, then again a few days later and it was a little darker. then i tested again...it went back to being light. all tests were done using the same brand and using fmu. I rang my doctors for a blood test but they said they wouldnt even get me in until i was 8 weeks! which if you havent been trying then you probably wouldnt know when you are 8 weeks....
anyway, 2 days later i miscarried....sorry to put a downer on it but it is quite literally a waiting game. They do say that HCG levels rise and fall so it is hard to say for sure. Give your docs a ring to see if they have different regulations, orrrrrr even just make out your further along just to get an app for peace of mind.

heres what happened with me hun. I tested early and got a very faint line, then again a few days later and it was a little darker. then i tested again...it went back to being light. all tests were done using the same brand and using fmu. I rang my doctors for a blood test but they said they wouldnt even get me in until i was 8 weeks! which if you havent been trying then you probably wouldnt know when you are 8 weeks....
anyway, 2 days later i miscarried....sorry to put a downer on it but it is quite literally a waiting game. They do say that HCG levels rise and fall so it is hard to say for sure. Give your docs a ring to see if they have different regulations, orrrrrr even just make out your further along just to get an app for peace of mind.

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage and thank you for being honest :flower:

I've had no signs of miscarriage yet so fingers crossed im not ...

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage and thank you for being honest :flower:

I've had no signs of miscarriage yet so fingers crossed im not ...

Thank you hun, again sorry i had to put a downer on it. You will probably be fine. i really hope this is it for you!! :thumbup:

I kept getting vanishing lines until 12dpo. I got a nice line with a frer at 12dpo smu or tmu then at 13dpo fmu i line was lighter. At 14dpo i testd again and it was darker than both previous tests, this has happened to so many women on here for some reason with frer. Baby is fine but i really thought it was over.

thanks everyone for your replies .... I've brought 2more first response ive done a test and its as faint as saturday when i first got my bfp ... gutted ..

Can you post pictures hun? Maybe your pee was just diluted. I would go to the docs and get blood drawn.

with my last pregnancy my lines got lighter and unfortunately it ended in m/c, but i also had cramping. when i was at the epu i asked the consultant about lines getting lighter/ darker etc and he said a positive is a positive and therefore pregnant until a m/c is diagnosed. lines can change depending on time of day, dilution of pee, test type etc etc. try not to worry unless you also have bleeding and/or cramping. why don't you book a private early scan to put your mind at rest? i hope it turns out ok xxx

I'm only 3 weeks pregnant so its way too early to see anything thanks for all your replies. I've had no stomach aches well ive had stomach ache but its because im worried and im hoping its going end good ... my doctor wont give me a blood test :(. I've got my 8 month old son look after and ive got a maths exam next week im meant be revising but im just looking up miscarriages and ive got stop because im making myself really bad now :(

I've got another thread on the pregnancy test forum and someone said my lines looked how theres did and they had a chemical pregnancy ... i suppose ive just got wait and see now.

Will post pictures ASAP x

Test 1 is from saturday
test 2 is from sunday
test 3 is monday
test 4 is this morning (as soon as i got up)
https://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/mummy2be123/Picture049.jpg

Comparing test 1 & 5 .. 5 is from this afternoon .
https://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/mummy2be123/Picture063.jpg

and test 5 is from this afternoon .... its as faint as my bfp .... not good !!:(

HCG doubles every 48 hours it could be light cus it aint doubled test every few days. I got my bfp at 9dpo and it wasnt a complete dark line and i tested next day at it was lighter but day after that it was getting dark im now 25 weeks pregnant

The instructions in clear blue and first response say that the appearance of the line will vary and they show different examples of what the lines might look like. I did countless different fr and cb tests because the lines kept appearing differently and that was driving me mad. Eventually, I stopped behaving like a neurotic lunatic and I am still pregnant, so all good. I know its easier said than done, but try to lay off the tests now - they'll only drive you insane. You are definitely pregnant - revel in that for a bit. :)

Thanks both of you !!!! I've got one test left LOL im sooooooooooooooo tempted do it .... but im stopping myself ive got my 8 month old keep me busy in the week hopefully take my mind off it a little ill be checking every time i go the toilet for blood now !:( argh

xx

Hold your urine at least for 3 to 4 hrs with very limited liquids intake and then use it I am sure you will have a darker line. Good luck!

Thank you !!!!!

I have one last frer left ... im going test tomorrow now !! What time should i do it? morning afternoon or night for best results thanks xxxx

Its best to do FMU but try not drink in the night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->