lip ring and abscess

Becyboo__x

Reaction score
I think iv got a abscess on my gum around my bottom lip piercing, iv had my lip done since february so its fully like healed and can be changed anytime etc about 2 month ago i had my bar changed for a ring and its been fine but recently iv had pain on my gum and noticed its all bumped up and hurts alot! im planning on going to te dentist soon to get it looked at but .. i need to take my lip ring out, im guessing the dentist will want me to .. but the problem im having is i cant any of the balls off :wacko: i had to go to the piercing place to have a ring put in as i couldnt even put the ball on but the man did it with his hands no pliers or anything :\ but it seems really tight and wont come off screwing it anyway :\ its called a horseshoe ring i think. But its hurting me to even try to take it out :( it must be something to do with the ring because the bumped area is only on that bit of my gum :(

Just wondered if anyone has there lip done and has a ring in and knows how i can get it out without going to the piercing place again as its going to cost me again.

Thanks.

i had go back to get mine removed couldn't do it myself but it were free.

as for the abscess this happened to mine on outside with a stud in mine been pierced 2+ years.

I had to go to a&e to have the ring took out was all embeded into my lip and too painful to go to piercing place :\ .. they had to cutt it off and they cutt my lip open so i had to have stitchs :cry: and iv got to let it heal up now its a right mess :( never going to have it done again! hurt so much to get it out :cry: xx

Oh my goodness. I'm glad they got it out. What was the ring made of? was it a different material than what you had before?

Tell me about it 2 doctors had to come and do it but 1 was too much of a puff to handle the blood lol.. erm the ring was titanium i think and but i usually wear a bar there just silver as far as i know, by looks of it the place where i went back to to have a ring put in the ring was too tight but it could move easily so im unsure what happened i just got a massive lump on my gum around the piercing and was in pain he said it wasnt a abscess he just said the ring was embeding quite minging tbh lol.. but iv had it pierced since february .. changed it from bar to ring about a month ago not had no problems but last week it just went swollen :( just my luck ay lol sat in a&e on a saturday afternoon :huh:
xx

Hi hun, thats really terrible. There is prob nothing the piercing place will do but if they put the ring in for you, you really should go and tell them what happened. If it was too small the piercer should know what size you would have needed including slight swelling room. If you eat some foods your lip swells and so there should be enough room for it.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->