Literary- based names

Butterball Ma

Due date Nov. 22nd!
Reaction score
I'm a huge reader, so naturally I've come across names while reading that I just love. I though I'd share my ideas and maybe you ladies could play along with me :)

Jonas and Asher from The Giver
Ender from Ender's Game
Huck and Sawyer, Twain
Claudia from The Babysitter's Club, lol
Huxley (as in Aldous)
Chaucer (as in Geoffrey)

One of those is our chosen name for a second son, if we have one. What about you guys?

I was like, Sayton is kinda nice, why is it cruel? Then I said it out loud. Ohhhhh! Lol.

Both girl names:

Adele from "Jane Eyre"

Arwen from "Lord of the Rings"

DH would NEVER EVER EVER go for either one. Arwen will probably end up being the name of my future cat. LOL...

For you, I like Chaucer. VERY unique and special. :)

I love Scout, like from TKAMB, but i'm afraid my cousin and her bf have already claimed Atticus and Scout for their 'list' (tbh I don't think I would actually use them anyway)... I also like Rhett from Gone with the wind.

I love Scout, like from TKAMB, but i'm afraid my cousin and her bf have already claimed Atticus and Scout for their 'list' (tbh I don't think I would actually use them anyway)... I also like Rhett from Gone with the wind.

I love, love, love Scout! In fact, it's one of my dog's names. :) Fits her perfectly, but everyone assumes she's a boy.

I'm a shakespeare nut so I love Rosalind, Cressida, Lysander, Oberon, Titania (so many good ones from Midsummer), and Hero. However, they are definitely destined for future pets. More like guilty pleasures.

And I love Chaucer and Sawyer! Very nice.

Ender is my favorite name, ever. I don't know if I could convince my DH that it's a name though. :) Maybe if I could get him to read Ender's Game.

I need to re-read The Giver... I remember thinking that was an amazing book in 7th grade.

I think Sawyer is awesome! I've also always loved Mena, from Bram Stocker's Dracula

Love Sawyer! Also a big fan of Byron and Harper (before Posh Spice took it!)

I love Atticus and Ender! I'm completely in love with the names Ridley from Beautiful Creatures and Siddalee from Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood. In lucky enough that DH loves both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->