Little and Often

M

Maffie

So we went to the emergency doctor last night as Noah was poorly, bad cough, sneezing, vomiting. Turns out he has a chest infection (not impressed as my own doctor a few days earlier said it was nothing to worry about) Anyway this emergency doctor said the coughing may be making him sick so feed him little and often. He asked how man y bottles he has so I explained I BF to which I got a funny look and then he said when I give him bottles feed him smaller amounts. So again I tell him I BF :dohh:

So what do I do I dont think he'll be happy being took off the boob before he's finished. :shrug: He hasn't been sick again since last night. Would you feed more often or stick to what baby wants?

Well that doctor doesnt sound like much help at all!When my littlun had an upset tummy or was sick,the doctor told me to continue feeding as usual.I dont think you need to take him off before hes done,if he feeds often when he is poorly it will probably be more for comfort and he shouldnt overfil himself.

also if you take him off the breast early he might not get enough hindemilk... then you might get colic issues.

i would feed as normal x

I had to go see my doc today as he was due is jabs (too poorly for them though :cry:) anyway he couldn't believe the other doc went on about giving bottles and said just feed as normal to try to minimize any weight loss while he's poorly.

What a tool! Glad your doc was more helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->