Little lamb nappies?

lucy_x

Mummy To Two Stunners
Reaction score
any one used these?, I see there is a couple of reviews for them, but none for the microfibre ones?

Im quite stuck for space you see for drying, I looked into getting an AIO, but they may take a while to dry.
Little lamb nappies seem very resonably priced (even more so if bought off ebay :D) , and i just wanted to know before i buy, if anyone has used a particular sort of little lamb nappy and what they thought to them?.

Also how many should i be looking at getting so i dont have to wash every day :D, (or is it as easy to hand wash and spin dry in washer),

x x x

Little lambs are okay, i never had leaks with them but i find them too chunky tbh and didn't like the way they get wet all over (waistband etc). You can find a voucher every now and again to claim a free one in mother and baby magazine. Depending on what you mean my limited storage space i'd say 2 LL's take the space of 3 slimmer nappies in a drawer/shelf.

About 20-25 is a good figure for newborns.

I tried a microfibre one and wasn't very impressed to be honest. They are nowhere near as absorbant as the bamboo ones so we got lots of leaks. Also, as Donna said, they get wet all over and they're VERY chunky compared to other nappies.

I'm assuming that you don't have a tumble dryer or don't want to use one. I think you're right to go for microfibre nappies if drying space is limited. Some people don't like it but you can always add extra boosters in bamboo if it doesn't hold enough for you. I find Flips are great for hanging to dry and they're more absorbant than the LLs. The outers dry in less than an hour and the inserts dry overnight once they've been spun in the washing machine. It sounds like a daft point but you get more of them on a drying rack than you would LLs as the inserts are rectangular so you can put them closer together.

I tried a microfibre one and wasn't very impressed to be honest. They are nowhere near as absorbant as the bamboo ones so we got lots of leaks. Also, as Donna said, they get wet all over and they're VERY chunky compared to other nappies.

I'm assuming that you don't have a tumble dryer or don't want to use one. I think you're right to go for microfibre nappies if drying space is limited. Some people don't like it but you can always add extra boosters in bamboo if it doesn't hold enough for you. I find Flips are great for hanging to dry and they're more absorbant than the LLs. The outers dry in less than an hour and the inserts dry overnight once they've been spun in the washing machine. It sounds like a daft point but you get more of them on a drying rack than you would LLs as the inserts are rectangular so you can put them closer together.

Ohhhhhh! i hadnt seen the flips before!, Are they the ones with the press studs and come in green blue and pink?, am i on the right track?...Sorry im useless at all this, how do they work?. They arnt badly priced either.
thanks

Yea they are flips.

I really don't get the flip love tbh! I find the outers are plasticky, the insert started coming apart after one wear and they aren't up to older baby wees. The only plus side i can see at the moment is the disposable inserts that i'm going to use for holidays. I do prefer them over other prefolds such as mios though.

Yea they are flips.

I really don't get the flip love tbh! I find the outers are plasticky, the insert started coming apart after one wear and they aren't up to older baby wees. The only plus side i can see at the moment is the disposable inserts that i'm going to use for holidays. I do prefer them over other prefolds such as mios though.

Oh, Well maybe i should only a couple of each brand and see how i get on once bubs is here, has anyone used bumgenius? and what did they rekon?

I use bumgenius version 3's for night time and have no problems with them. They are easy to stuff, and dry relatively quickly. A bit of a smell occurs after a few months but strip washes sort this. They do get mixed reviews though, work for some and not for others so again it's another trail and error.

I use bumgenius version 3's for night time and have no problems with them. They are easy to stuff, and dry relatively quickly. A bit of a smell occurs after a few months but strip washes sort this. They do get mixed reviews though, work for some and not for others so again it's another trail and error.

I guess with a lot of these nappies its what works for one may not for another?, I rekon im gonna try a few of each and see how it goes,
thanks for your help though :),

Ooh, I love our Flips! Never had a leak even when I forget to change her :D I'm now also using Blueberry minky wraps on the inserts for when I want them to look a bit special.

I also really like Little Lambs! I've only tried the cotton and bamboo though. I wouldn't have her wear them if she was wearing trousers but I use pretty wraps over them so they're lovely under a dress. I haven't found the bulkiness has affected her movement at all.

hi, Just another quick q?, How does everyone rate the Itti Bitti snap-in-one for dry-ability!?
after having a look through the internet, I think i may be hooked to cloth nappies!, theres just tooooo much choice!.

Love the word dryability! I had a SIO when I had no tumble dryer and it took FOREVER to get the snap in bits dry. You can buy spare sets of boosters though, so once the outer is dry you can reuse it. The outer dries very quickly.

:haha: Another addict!

I find the SIO inserts will dry in half a day on the line in decent weather. I put them in the dryer and find that all my microfiber inserts etc will be totally dry but I need to hang out little lambs and SIO inserts for a few hours before they're fully dry.

I use mostly Little Lambs and they are bulky but I never found it to be an issue and it's never affected Adam's mobility. However, now we've moved onto size 2s, I am finding I cannot get as many in the nappy bucket as the size 1s, so it's a good thing I also use BG V3s and now Flips, because even when I use different inserts to the proper ones, they take up such a small space that I can actually eek my washing out to every 4 days rather than every 3.

I had 2 microfibre LLs and sold them on pretty quickly. They always leaked on me - they'd need changing every hour, even with a bamboo booster. Not a fan. All my fitted nappies now are bamboo, not such a fan of cotton either.

any one used these?, I see there is a couple of reviews for them, but none for the microfibre ones?
x x x
i have just tried one of these this morning and think they are not as absorbent as some i have tried. it was an for an hr and when i checked seren nappy was very wet, but her bum was dry and no leaks!

i have the little lamb pocket nappy with a bamboo insert and i like this one, but again feel it is not that absorbent enough for us, which is a shame.
i also have a little lamb bamboo to try and a cotton one so will see how those fare.

Oh, Well maybe i should only a couple of each brand and see how i get on once bubs is here, has anyone used bumgenius? and what did they rekon?

i tried the bumgenius first and although i love the look and feel of it, i think the microfibre inserts are not that good. i used just the newborn insert on seren and within an hr she was dripping wet and not happy! i then used both inserts and although these keep her drier for a bit longer, i think in the long term they could work out expensive as i would probably have to be extra bamboo inserts as dont think the BG inserts would be enough very shortly.

i also tried a the tots bot pocket bamboo and this seemed to work well to begin with but the last couple of times i have used it found it leaked and seems to stain very easily. also dont like the plastiky feel of the outer.

maybe i have a big wetter on my hands??!! so am trying the pop in and this seems to cope well! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->