living room colours

blake12336

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Our living room is magnolia, and OH is going to paint on Saturday just to brighten it up a little.

We are going to keep it magnolia but want a colour scheme going on, where can I get matching curtains/cushions etc? Would all matching look a bit OTT?

What are your lounges like? Thanks!

I have a red feature wall with the rest white. All my stuff is red. Got rug from IKEA, curtains from Argos and table cloth from asda (our dining room table is in there). Also got red fusion covers from IKEA.

We got a butt ugly sofa right now but plan on getting a red one and white cushions from IKEA.

Surprisingly the amount of red isn't overkill considering our living room is quite big and the white walls make it blend well. You can get a lot of matching colour stuff from Argos.

Ours is duck egg blue on one wall and like a mushroomy colour the others. Sounds vile but I took inspiration from our curtains and those are the colours on them

I've always prefered more neutral wall/couch/rug colors- then I brighten them up with throw pillows and accent peices. But I also change my mind often- so if I had to repaint or purchase new furniture every time I'd go broke! haha. This way I can more easily (and more cost effectively) change things up ;) I really like eclectic style- where stuff isn't too matchy matchy, but it flows well and blends together.

I try to purchase accents online or in various stores to keep things mixed up. Plus, you can see them all on the same page to see what mixes well. Or get some ideas online- then purchase in store.

Our living room is quite neutral, our couch and rug are shades of tan, brown and cream and the walls are dark cream with a dark feature wall. I added in some accessories in teal and turquoise and it looks really nice, not matchy matchy but not just brown either

the house we just moved from our through lounge was a real pale grey (called Light Rain) then a feature wall in a real bold teal colour. Then we had a whole matching set of cushions, rugs, lamps from next in a variety of teal/turquoise tones.

We also have a grey leather sofa.

The pic is yesterday when we moved out - but you can see the colour.

Attachments

• 20140331_142527_zpsf737f65b.jpg
    20140331_142527_zpsf737f65b.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 38
I have magnolia walls and mink and brown fabric sofas from dfs, my rug is a brown/cream and I have really light curtains so it's all simple

I'm not keen on coloured walls I prefer neutral colours ours is all magnolia and white with black furniture and splashes of red in canvas prints I wanna repaint as I'm currently loving antique magnolia atm so wanna paint my walls antique magnolia

I like weird decorations too we currently have a weird little red Riding Hood canvas and a weird picture of the rabbit from Alice in wonderland with pocket watches around him lol

The reason we have splashes of red is because my graduation picture is huge and on the wall and the hood of my ropes was red haha

It's not a great picture, but we have a purple chimney breast, the alcove has grey/silver bookcase wallpaper, and the rest of the walls are white. We have a silvery grey carpet and a charcoal sofa.

(You can't really tell from the pic, but the white around the telly is a recess so it's set back into it - it just looks like a strange frame around it on this!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 26
my walls are magnolia & cream carpets (am renting - i never understood the stupid colours)
weve got choc brown curtains & pillows on sofa. beach wooden dinning table, a light brown sofa & a rug that is choc brown with light brown & cream swirls.
then weve got a word art on one wall which is choc brown & an A2 pic collage of LO... very boring i know! lol x

Thanks everyone! We are only able to paint magnolia as we are renting but are thinking red accessories (curtains, rug etc)

We rent too but our landlady was really lovely - said that it shows we want to stay on and be good tenants as we care what the place looks like, we can do whatever we wanted so long as it returns to magnolia when we move again (hopefully won't be for many years!)
Our living room is in a warm creamy biscuit colour with our chimney in a red rose wallpaper (its like a close up of flowering buds) and we have white ornaments and a white framed wedding Pic on the mantle, our sofa is cream and we have a red throw over our corner chair and red rug, and red curtains. We love it and its so cosy with candles in the evening!!

Our lounge colour theme is blue :) we have beige colours walls with a blue flower chimney breast future wall. Black sideboard units/table and bookcase. Fluffy blue rug, blue pictures, blue accessories, and a shimmery grey and blue corner sofa x

All rooms in my house are magnolia but I have deep purple throws on the sofas and deep purple accessories in my lounge.

We have white gloss furniture, black sofa and all the accessories are orange like pillows, fake flowers, old fashioned phone, candles and canvas. Im getting a little bored of the orange now though want a bright green colour now.

Our living room joins onto our kitchen.
Our living room walls are dove grey, white furniture and dark sofa.
The main wall in the kitchen is https://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/wallpaper/sophia-stripe-wallpaper---green-523148 <--- this but we have hung it so the stripes are horizontal and we have a few green accessories (cushions/odd frame ect) in the living room to bring it all together.

I have magnolia, red and brown, I think it works quite well. I didn't match the curtains (they're the same colour as the walls), but my sofa, rug, lamp etc are red, the floor and stripes on the chimney breast are dark brown, and the picture frames are mostly all red and brown.

We've got a feature wall wallpapered in teal flowers with the other walls magnolia and teal accessories but we're moving in a couple of weeks and going for a complete change :D xx

We have a very high ceiling with black wooden beams, we painted the walls and ceiling a very light lilac, we have one feature wall in black wallpaper with pink, purple and silver flowers. We have a dark grey carpet, a lilac couch and we have silver and glass furniture (bookcase, coffee table, tv stand)
I also have lilac and deep purple accessories (vase of flowers, wooden balls in a bowl on the coffee table, picture frames, ect!)

Im getting sick of the purole now though and am thinking of doing duck egg blue and off white with 'shabby chic' white furniture with duck egg blue and off white accessories! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->