LMP over a week early. Advice anyone?

Flins26

Mother of 3
Reaction score
I have just taken a test and got a positive result in less than 30 seconds. I usually get my periods around the 22nd-25th of each month. Last month it started on the 14th but wasn't as heavy as normal. My dilemma is I don't know if I would be around six weeks along or longer/less. I guess I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? I can't see my doctor until Saturday morning to get a scan referral.

Do you track ovulation? That would give you the best idea of edd, just subtract two weeks from o

Hard to know without a scan. They'll go by your LMP. That should be pretty accurate if you have normal length cycles normally

Sounds like the period you had on the 14th wasn't a period and was rather implantation bleeding. Was it the 14th of July or the 14th of August?

Oh my gosh, thank you for posting this. I am in the exact same boat. My period ALWAYS comes around the 4th of the month, but the date of my last period started on the 23rd, a week and a half early. I have no idea what this means for how many weeks I actually am or what. All the online calculators say if I started my period on the 23rd I should be 5 weeks today, but my doctors office says I'm 6 weeks (they said this over the phone when I said the start of my last period based on their methods or whatever). I'm confused myself.

This actually just kinda happened to me. In June, I got my period almost a week early and it was very light. Not normal for me to get it that early. Then I got pregnant in July, but a few weeks ago I started wondering if maybe that wasn't a real period in June and I was actually a lot farther along than i thought (I mostly started thinking about this since my belly is already so big lol) but when i went for my first ultrasound it was right on track with my july period. So the early, light one was a period, just a weird. Could be different for you though, it's so hard to judge until you get a scan

Thanks everyone, I have just been to my doctor and she said it's possible that my period on the 14th could have been implantation bleeding as it was lighter than a normal period (for me). So I could either be almost seven weeks or nine. I guess I will have to wait for the scan. She said to wait for a few more weeks. How soon did everyone else go for a dating scan?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->