LO has a cold and going through growth spurt/fussy phase..I have PPD..how to cope?

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
LO has been sick since Friday...took her to Dr..nothing we can do for her..shes stopped up and sounds horrible...shes also going through a growth spurt I think and is increasingly fussy...wants to eat and eat but overeats and has reflux...half the time I get her to sleep and put her down she wakes back up and we have to start all over again..and on top of it all I have horrible PPD/PTSD and am alone all day with her and finding it super hard to cope

You por thing, hang on in there. It's hard at the best of times. Have you tried a baby sling? My baby is a terrible sleeper and has a cold too, he's sleeping best upright in a sling. Or keep her upright on you to nap on your chest or over your shoulder. Otherwise have can you raise the end of your cot mattress an inch so her head is lifted? Do you have a pharmacy where you can buy saline drops and a nasal aspirator to give her some relief. I've also heard a drop if breast milk up the nose can help. Babies always want to feed loads with colds, keep her upright as much as possible. Can you take her for a walk to get some fresh air?

Huge hug. I still find it hard to cope when my 1 year old is ill. Forget the housework etc.

Do you have a feel good box set you can watch? Something like Friends or Scrubs lol?

Cuddle up to LO on the sofa all day with a boxset on and take it a little bit at a time.

When LO won't stop crying try the 5 S's -

Swaddling
Sucking - dummy, boob, bottle
Swinging/Shaking (not literally shaking but more like a calming jig)
Stomach/Side Hold
Shushing (white noise)
xx

:hugs:

When they're ill it's just the absolute worst. It will get better though honey. When my LO had a cold, I tried to keep her upright as much as possible (popped a pillow under her cot mattress so she slept on an incline :thumbup:) and also let her have plenty of time in a steamy bathroom to help with the mucous.

Can you get saline spray or drops? These, alongside a nasal aspirator helped. Oh and vapour rub.

Argh just noticed your LO is two weeks, the two week growth spurt I found truly horrendous :wacko: It will pass soon though hun :hugs:

:hug:

My lo has a cold too, iv elevated his matress but it doesn't do much good so he's been sleeping in his car seat, that way he's upright and I'm not worried about falling asleep holding him and it gives a bit of a break for 5 minutes without him sounding like he's going to choke, just an idea Hun xxx

thanks ladies..shes been sleeping in her boppy in her bassinet..it holds her well at an incline...we do the nose thing but it seems soo far back that it doesnt help much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->