LO has become so picky with food!! Is this normal? Will it pass??!

sandilion

Reaction score
My LO has gone from awesome BLW baby to all of a sudden not wanting to eat much at all! He just wants his bottles. And maybe yogurt with smooshed banana. Otherwise he has become so picky and screws his face up at all the foods he used to love :(

I am back at work next week and can't believe this is happening right now. Now im just going to worry that he isn't eating anything and Im not there to be in charge of it :(

Will this phase pass? Will i have my foodie baby back again?? Could I have caused this by giving him too much variety or not enough?????

Charlotte goes through phases like this. Sometimes she only wants to eat certain things and other times she'll eat anything you give her! I wouldn't stress too much. I don't think it's anything you have done. If Charlotte's going through one of these weird fussy with food phases, I just keep offering a good variety. I don't fight with her though and if she prefers to eat bananas and oatmeal for three meals a day, I allow her to do so and she usually goes back to her old self. When I send her to daycare during times like this, I send her what I would prefer she eat so that they can try it with her favorites as a backup just in case.

This happenned to my LO at exactly the same age, she used to eat everything, espcially loved all veg, then suddenly refused to eat everything except bread, cheese and some fruit. Everything else goes straight on the floor! She's improved in the last couple of weeks but still nothing like she used to be. Is your LO teething cause that used to put mine off for a few days but this seems like a long term thing for us now!

We're having the same problem.
It started a couple of months ago and he's still mr fussy pants. We just keep offering everything we eat but he just doesn't want anything to do with most of it! No idea if this is developmental, teething-related or just his stubborn personality coming out. He just has a few firm favorites like toast, yoghurt and fruit that he will always eat... But most of his meals get pushed on the floor in disgust!

So glad I read this thread! I have a fussy little miss too. We started with TW and initially she seemed to accept a fair variety. She then started turning her nose up at anything other than yoghurt or fruit. So I switched to more BLW at around 7.5 months. She's still pretty fussy though, I particularly can't get anything meaty or veg down her. She loves bread or toast with butter or cheese spread, fruit, yoghurt, breadsticks and cucumber. So I'm mainly offering what she likes at the mo and trying bits of things she doesn't. She loves her milk, always has, and still has 4 bottles a day at 9 months x

Sounds like it's a 9month old thing as my LO is adjusted age just over 9 months.

Funnily enough right after i made this thread, he started t eat properly again!!

Fingers crossed this stays this way! it's a bloody headache when thy refuse to eat!!

Our LO loved food and then got super picky around a year too.. he'll eat breakfast and some lunch most days but by dinner, he'll feed 90% to the dogs :dohh:

I think it's just a phase, my plan is to just ignore it, feed him all the milk he wants and ride it out.. I think if you force too much or make a big deal out of it, it'll just make it worse :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->