LO is thrashing her head about when tired

AP

Reaction score
I know a lot of babies do this when tired but Alex does it really bad, shes doing it now, and will do til she tires and falls asleep.she wont stop for ages,I worry shes doing herself some harm!

Is that the norm?

think so...i worry he will break his nose when he headbutts his dads and grand dads jaw bones.....

My LO does just the same as he is falling asleep!!!I thought it was just him trying to keep awake aslong as possible!lol!x

Ruby is not quite as bad now but at one point she was headbutting me so I couldn't hold her over my shoulder......Just thought ruby was a bit of a nutter, glad to hear she is not the only one who does it!!

Jeezo I've nearly had my teeth out, honestley!

Molly does it too. She also whacks herself in the head with her arm :wacko:

My little one thrashes her head from side to side, it starts off slowly as if she is watching tennis and then gradually goes into a full on thrashing. It is really odd...

Ryan rubs his head into the mattress or rubs hsi face really hard into my chest when trying to go to sleep, the last few weeks he has also started doing a really wierd moaning noise when trying to sleep too so he looks like a complete nutter when he's dropping off.

Do they grow out of it? I can't put Ryan down until he's completely asleep beacuse all the thrashing wakes him up!

Ryan rubs his head into the mattress or rubs hsi face really hard into my chest when trying to go to sleep, the last few weeks he has also started doing a really wierd moaning noise when trying to sleep too so he looks like a complete nutter when he's dropping off.

Do they grow out of it? I can't put Ryan down until he's completely asleep beacuse all the thrashing wakes him up!

My LO is EXACTLY the same!!! He fights sleep so much that hrvonly gets 2 or 3 20min naps per day and nighttime is a huge chore gettin him settled! I assume (well hope!) he'll get better with age!!!

I'm sorry, but reading this thread has made me laugh. Must be the sleep deprivation. My LO shakes his head from side to side A LOT, mostly when he is tired, and he has to moan himself to sleep too. I first thought the head thrashing was because he'd just realised his head was attached to his body, iykwim?! but I think it is just a tired thing. Also, he scratches the hell out of his head and face as he falls asleep.

Mason thrashes his head too. I talked to a doctor and he said that the reason why he thrashes is simple their bodies are still adjusting themselves and head control is the most major thing that the body has to adjust to because it is the biggest nerve center of all!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->