Lo not sleeping

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
Pls help I am at my wits end

My LO just does not like sleeping! She is 7 weeks old & during the day she might sleep once or twice for 20mins at a time. Occasionaly she will sleep for 2 hours!

At night it takes AGES to get her to sleep & then sometimes she wakes shortly after.
Today I was trying to put her to sleep since 8pm & she didnt go sleep till 10.15pm.. and now she is awake again!!!!!!!!!

Pls help I am at my wits end

My LO just does not like sleeping! She is 7 weeks old & during the day she might sleep once or twice for 20mins at a time. Occasionaly she will sleep for 2 hours!

At night it takes AGES to get her to sleep & then sometimes she wakes shortly after.
Today I was trying to put her to sleep since 8pm & she didnt go sleep till 10.15pm.. and now she is awake again!!!!!!!!!

I was going through the same thing. It will get better soon. You'll see.

Mello

Hannah's the same during the day, she only sleeps 20-30 minutes throughout the day, sometimes longer if I'm holding her, or occassionally if she's in her swing she'll sleep an hour or two. Do you have a night time routine, like bath, bottle, bed. That's what we do with Hannah and she generally goes down within an hour to an hour and a half after her bottle (between 9-10 most nights). We did find that if we warmed up her bed with a heating pad/hot water bottle (remove right before putting the baby down) helped keep her from waking up.

Should add that Hannah doesn't sleep through the night, she's up once and than up for the morning around 7.

When I say it gets better, they will sleep more. It will start off randomly. Maybe not the times you would want her to sleep, but it will increase in hours for sure.

You have to figure out ways to keep her active during the mid-morning by the time 12pm comes she'll be exhausted. When nap time comes around 12/1 o'clock she'll have her feeding and she'll nap.

After napping, it's feeding time again. Try to keep her busy until 3/4 o'clock. She may nap again up until 5/6 o'clock. When she gets up again feed her. Let her food digest, then bath her around 7/7:30pm.

Let her chill for a bit. Up until you know she's hungry. By the time 8/9 o'clock come give her a nice warmer bottle and she's out.

She might get up around 12/1 o'clock am, but that's normal. She has to get fed, but she'll go back to sleep. She might wake up again at 4/5 and then repeat the process every two hours. Sometimes they might not get up at all depending on your child's hunger.

Hope that helps...
Also, calculate the time she sleeps vs. the time she's up, then balance and work it out from there.

Mello

Angelica this is what I was like last week :(:( but after seeing doc yesterday for baby gaviscon... and bathing her with jonsons bed time bath last night... she had her last feed at 8pm... took her a little while to get her to nod off but shes still sleeping now!! :)

Could it be that shes really windy and colicy which is why shes not comfortable when shes sleeping?!? this is what was up with courtney!!

If it isn't gas or anything, you might want to try swaddling if you haven't done that. We stopped after bringing Erica home from the hospital, but after like a week remembered about it. It made so much of a difference. She sleeps so much better while swaddled! We still do occasionally, but shes a little stronger now and can usually get out eventually.

Thanks girls

She could have wind as sometimes when she wakes up after sleeping for a bit she has often taken milk out..

I will also have to look into the swaddling....

Lets hope I have better luck tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"