LO Refusing Bottles

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
I am at my wits end. Caitlyn cries for a bottle, takes 4 oz and then refuses it. She retches when i offer her more. I totally wind her and try more and she still retches. Yesterday she has 5 4oz bottles instead of her usual 6 6oz bottles. I'm confused. Things seems to be going backward and i don't know what is wrong with her. :-S I don't want to start weaning her yet but if shes refusing to take more fl oz surely i will have to?

xx

Hey hun only last week i had the same problem...this week it seems better Thank God...i spoke to the HV and she told me that it could be a possible growth spurt that he was going through thats why he may have been drinking more then...didnt really give me peace of mind...yesterday i called cow and gate and to be honest they were a bit clueless and said the same as the HV. I have now started to give my LO less just more frequently...he seems better...its strange...i hope things pick up soon hunny xx

I was about to do a thread of the same thing hun!
Tab did get up to 5-6oz's on some of her feeds but now is only taking around 3-4 oz 5-6 times a day! sometimes goes 2 and a half hours between feeds sometimes 3-3 and a half.
She is putting on weight ok,i thought it could be her cow and gate as its quite thick but i dont know :hissy:
Im gonna start a thread for something similar then maybe we'll get some averages lol....i know every baby is different but its nice to know lol
xxx

my hv came yesterday and she said that they can change what they take and can even take less because as they grow they have growth spurts so will take more around those times but they will get to a point where it will even out and may take less than what they have before. i wouldnt worry hun as long as baby is happy and is growing nicely just go with what your baby wants.

She may need a faster flow on the teat, she may be frustrated as she cant get the milk out quick enough.

She may have thrush or a sore throat so get lo checked out by the dr because they always seem to go off feeding if they have a sore mouth.

She may be teething.

I would say it is one of the above so I wouldnt wean yet :)

If you do decide to do weaning, just do baby rice made with her usual formula and she may only take one spoonful, but it will put bulk in her tummy. Mikey had baby rice from about 12 weeks, he was a very greedy/hungry baby.

Jessie has been doing the same thing, refusing her bottles in preference to stuffing her fist in her mouth, I think she's teething. xXx

Hannah did this yesterday, ate less than usual, and fussed when I tried to give her her bottle back after burping her at two ounces, she also slept a lot. So far today she's been better and eating more like usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->