Lo sent home with a pull up nappy on?

Kmx

Reaction score
Lo started nursery last Monday he will be two in November. He isn't toilet trained and I've not made any attempt to, I've had his nappy off and let him wander about with the potty out but he doesn't do it in the potty and when I sit him down on it he cries. So I've just left it for now as I don't want to force him or put him off or encourage him when he's not completely ready. I'm in no rush personally, to me he's still a bit young.

So I was a bit confused when he came home tonight from nursery with a pull up nappy on. I don't know what to think? Was it a mistake, had they ran out of nappies, or was it their attempt at starting potty training. If they ran out or it was a mistake I don't mind but if not I'm actually quite shocked and unhappy. Thy haven't discussed any potty training with me at all. I don't even want him in pull ups anyway as I think it sends mixed messages. When he potty trains he will be in pants. I can't speak to nursery until Monday but just a bit confused. Would you feel the same?

I would probably assume they'd either ran out of nappies or put the wrong one on by mistake. Sure they would speak to you before deciding to do something like potty train as it'd be fairly pointless without you also doing it at home.

X

I'd say they just run out and put a spare on him, I've used pull ups on my boy since he was prob 16 months old, still do he's not trained just more convenient. They wouldn't insinuate anything by it it's not their place!

It wouldn't even cross my mind that they had started potty training

If nursery provides the nappies I would assume that's all they had/chose/was close to hand

Surely its better than having no nappy on at all? They probably ran out, but i think its a good idea to get them into pull ups, gets them ready for the 'big girls and boys pants' xx

Tom often used to come home in different nappies or pull-ups to the ones I'd sent in for him. Really didn't bother me - I was just happy they hadn't left him without one!

If DD comes home with a random nappy on its because theyve run out of hers...

Id say they ran out of the normal nappies. They dont get paid enough to just start potty training kids

They probably just ran out. My son came home with the same diaper (nappy) I sent him in once and it was 4 hours later, it was full and leaking. Simply because they "couldn't find the diapers". I would have taken a pull-up!

Why don't you just wait and see if it happens again, or better yet just ask? :shrug: I really doubt a nursery would just start potty training without discussion, that would be pretty unworkable.

As the other posters have said I'd probably just assume they ran out of your LO's normal nappies and put it on coz it was to hand. Ds1 would sometimes come home in the 'wrong' nappy from nursery.

ide just assume they had run out or just put what ever was closest to them..
xx

I work in a nursery and sometimes pull ups are all we have left if children run out of their own etc. I really doubt they decided to start potty training. Most nursey practitioners I know dont recomend pull ups anyway. Just ask on monday.

I agree with liz1985. The other option is that he was squirming so much the pull-up was an easier option :)

I don't think it would bother me. A pull-up is a nappy as far as I'm concerned and it'd take more than putting a pullup on to start toilet training for real.

I'd ask them what their policy/guidelines are about starting toilet training.

It may not even be your nappies that ran out. At our nursery, if anyone ran out they borrowed a few from another child and replaced them when that child had more nappies. DS was always coming home in random nappies.

Not ideal, but far better than the alternatives!

I would assume they ran out, but it's a shame no one let you know.

My LO came home in a 'nursery' nappy the other week, but they were at great pains to tell OH when he picked her up that our nappies had run out and they were very apologetic that they hadn't given us a heads up to bring more in. They normally let us know they're running out when they still have a few days worth left. It was no biggie, but I would have been puzzled if they hadn't said anything to OH because it was a totally different brand.

Just ask Monday to put your mind at rest :)

I think they probably ran out of your usual nappies or he was wriggling too much for a normal nappy. I've had to use pull ups on my DD for months when out and about as I can't physically get a normal nappy on her as she won't lie down anywhere unfamiliar and cries hysterically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->