LO sharing a room with an older kid? *Update: new pictures*

My dumb computer won't let me see the photos but I'm sure the arrangement is lovely. I spent nearly my entire childhood/youth sharing a room. I actually really hated it because my sister and I could not get along but looking back I can see it wasn't really THAT bad. ha ha You've got to do what works with the home you have.

And I can't believe there is somewhere that doesn't allow opposite gender siblings share a room. What are families who can't afford bigger appartments supposed to do?? I highly doubt any incestuous relationships would form. And siblings could always learn to wait outside while the other changes. It doesn't sound like it would be that hard of an arrangement.

Here are links to the pics, in case that works:

https://i.imgur.com/JajhLrM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Lhpf02W.jpg

Yeah, it's not ideal... we live in Washington, DC, where rent is super expensive, and LO wasn't exactly planned...

LO won't actually be sleeping in there until she can sleep through the night, so who knows? Maybe we'll be in a bigger place by then.

It's so cute! I love the black and white contrast.

Today was my deadline to get the babies room put together, which turned out to be an EPIC FAIL! :dohh:

I think I will let my teenage daughter do it after all, she wants to take over because "I have no fashion sense and don't know what's cute"... of course that didn't stop her from raiding my closet of all the things I am too fat to wear this winter. :haha:

It's beautiful! We have 5 bedrooms so no need for sharing (none that big mind you and we live in Northern Ireland) but I'm still going to give them the choice later on. Mind you dd1 is still a terrible sleeper, I'm up with her at least 3 times every night *sigh*

Even though we've a four bedroom house we want our kids to share, I'm the youngest of 8 I've 6sisters I always had them and my husband is the oldest of 4 and he always had his brother. Part of the reason why we didn't do a nursery is we want another one straight away and I want them in the same room and do a cool mash up. My sister bought us the babies bedroom suite and I'm waiting till the new year to get an editional cot in the sales.
I love what you've done with the room it's lovely to have someone with you all the time. Reminds me of when we were little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->