Lo staying with grandparents

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
Does ur LO stay with grandparents/family & if so are they happy there?
When my LO was young I left her with my mum a few times & she was fine...
Now she is 4and a half months she has cried the last few times I have left her there & is fine once Im back...
Does this mean shes clingy to me??
What can be done about this?

I did leave her there for a bit today while I went to the supermarket & she was fine... Now Im really confused.....

Colton was fine when he was younger. Now he cries. The last time I left him there my mother told me he was fine for about an hour, and then after that he kept looking around for me.. when I wasn't there he cried. She said he cried for an hour!! She said she tried EVERYTHING, he didn't want anything but me. Although, when I got there he was fine. My brothers had given him the remote to their playstation, which distracted him. But when I got there he started throwing his arms up and screaming with excitement. It was too cute. But I felt bad for my parents :blush:

You just need to leave her with people more often if you think she is getting clingy. Colton's with me all day and only likes me to hold him (not even daddy).

I leave Marlowe with her Grandparents every few weeks or so overnight as we've had loads of weddings and other things going on. She loves it and sleeps better over there than over here. She does cry with them for 20 min-an hour sometimes if she's really tired as she only wants me, but she's always been happy to be left there and SO happy when I come back. Keep leaving your LO with trusted people and she will feel more comfortable around them.

My son loves staying at his nana's house she dosent put him down lol

I have never left Addison with anyone, Im too attached still to do so.

Hey Toby stays over at my mums house and my partners mums. They also have time with him in the week too. They love having him all to themselves without me interfering. He loves spending time with his nannies. He does not seem to be clingy yet but if im in the room then he is always looking at me and watching where im going.

Ooooh can i jump in on this topic. but on a slightly different angle, at what age did your lo's start staying out over night at grandparents. My in laws cant wait to take him over night and its probably me being too clingy but i think he is a little too young yet. They have taken him for the odd afternoon and he sees a lot of them so he knows them.

Yea ella goes to my mums if i want to take carly out somewhere like the cinema.
But only the last few times she has been crying and moany throughout until i come to pick her up.
She may be just going through a faze where she is clingy, nothing wrong with that , and nothing you can do ( apart from be with her 24/7 ) :lol:
Every baby goes through this stage so dont worry :hugs:

Noah went thru a clingy phase where all he done was cry but now he's great, he loves staying at my mums & MIL's - he gets spoiled and sleeps better there than he does do at home!!!

xx

we are leaving jack for the first time this saturday for daddy works do x

im so nervous i trust my mum and dad but AHHHH!!! i havent left my baby before x

Olivia loves staying a Grandma's. She's spoilt rotte and it usually means she gets fed all sorts of suff that I wouldnt give her.

x

Ally stayed at my parents while we went to the cinema last week and I don't think I could leave him for any longer yet. He knows my Mum really well (sees her 2 or 3 times a week) yet my Mum admitted that after 5-10 mins he realised we weren't there and wasn't particularly happy or willing to look or play with anything until we came back. I felt really guilty for leaving him but I guess the more we leave him the better he'll get...? He is quite clingy to me anyway at the moment so maybe it is just that.

ffion stays with my mum every friday and she loves it, rhys stays with my husbands parents every friday and he loves it too.

friday is our night off lol :rofl:

Katie has stayed with both her grannies a few evenings each. Friday night will be the first time shes stayed overnight with her granny. She's just over 6 months and i'm feeling nervous already!!

Stays over night last time she went with her being SO MUCH more alert we worried and I think Nanny did as it was possible to be clingy but she went she had a great time she slept through :shock: and they asked would I be ok if they had her 2 nights soon lol

She has her moments though just lik she does with us so I guess it depends how long LO is with them.

Caitlin LOVES attention though all me me me and she'll get that with Nanny & Grandad so no doubt exhausted by the nights out lol

My mum point blank refuses to have Caitlyn over night and uses the excuse that there isn't a room for her. Even though she bought a £100 travel cot for her. I could kill a sleep in with my OH but it ain't happening. At least she sleeps through tho.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"