• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lo wont drink Nutramigen

donnarobinson

Mommy Of 3 Boys
Reaction score
Hes 23 weeks possible milk allergy so been given this only he screamed so much he held his breath he wont drink it
Im not letting him starve and gave him his normal formula any tips to fet him to take it
Its vile and stinks so I cant say I blame him
My hv seems hto think hes to young not to like it I dont agree .. im not upsetting my baby ..
But also dont want ro harm him by normal formula if hes allergic x

Switch it gradually 1 oz at a time. So if he takes 4oz... do 1oz special milk, 3oz normal milk. Up the special milk by 1oz every day.

If he still refuses as for something else, like neocate.

My ds wouldn't take at the start either.
I mixed it with the usual formula, like 4 oz of the usual stuff and 3oz nutragamin for 1 day then 4 oz nutragmin 3 of the usual, when he took that mixture twice I just gave him all nutramagin and he took it ok after that.
Good luck x

my lo hated this, we only had it a day bcos we wasnt even sure it was a allergy. he was sick waaay more than ever before, my doc said its because of the foul taste and changed it right away. sorry im not much help, i agree with the above comments though

There not even sure if my lo has a allergy .. a trial they said x thank u x

yeah thats what they said with my LO, she typed into google 'sicky baby' and decided hes showing symptoms of a cows milk allergy, the next doc i saw said thats rubish the only symptom of allergy hes showing is constipation - from the constant change in milk, and sickness - more likely from reflux.. ask about being referred, pediatricians know a hell of a lot more than crappy GPs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->