LO wont eat.

leighbaby

yummy mummy
Reaction score
He is BLW and wont eat anything except bread sticks. He is refusing EVERYTHING.

Pls help!

He has no teeth yet and no sign of them either and he wont take mush from a spoon regardless of whether it is sweet or savoury. He wont take anything from my finger too.

I started on his 6 month birthday, so 2 and 1/2 months now.

If I were you I'd have a word with the health visitor or something as otherwise iron levels might become a problem, that was my fear but they said we're OK til 9months so I've got a while to perservere (and he's definitely picking it up now) so it's not so bad. Are you offering things off your plate? Sitting him on your lap? I found Theakston much prefers to sit on my knee and 'steal' things than to sit in his highchair and be given things.

If Aisling's being fussy I find it helps to have her on my lap too. I can't remember who on here but someone's little boy didn't eat until 9 months or so and is fine. Maybe just have a chat to your HV though.

Yeah just from here I can definitely think of 2 LOs who started eating at 9m+.

Ruby started eating at 7 months. Although now at 9m she does enjoy food, OH and I feel certain that she would be just as happy just drinking milk. She has always loved her milk, maybe your LO is the similar Leighbaby.

My Ruby refuses to be fed too, so I knew I had to just leave it up to her as to when to eat, which I guess is the whole point to BLW.

Like Kitten says it might be worth investigating if he needs any supplements, but I really wouldn't worry.

Thanks ladies, I think I may have turned another corner myself this morning. I've always thought that until 12 months, food supplemented milk, not the otherway around?! So i have made sure that I've continued to give BM regularly.

LO has NEVER demanded to be fed, so I've always just offered BM every few hours or so. This morning I decided to wait until he 'asked' for milk, so after his 07:30 feed, I didn't offer to BF him at all. He refused breakfast but at 12pm, i offered him some blueberries, bread and cheese - which he pretty much wolfed down! Afterwards, I offered him a BF - he then drained one side.

So, I'm wondering if maybe he has refused to eat - because he just simply wasn't hungry?! and full of BM instead.

Do I continue to offer BM regularly as before, or do I allow him to drop milk for solids (putting my mind at rest a little?!)? He is only ten days away from being 9 months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->