loads of questions sorry

Tracy B

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just got my first lot of cheap credit crunching opk's from ebay and a thermometer.
Never used either before to determine ov hence all the questions.
Bit of background.

Monday 5th October started spotting just brown when I wiped sorry for the tmi, now normally when I get this the :witch: comes the next day two days at the most, but this month she never arrived until the 10th.

I was really heavy for a day and in a lot of pain which is really unusual and only lasted 4 days normall af are around 6-7 days. I put it down for spotting for so long before hand.

I started counting from the 10th so today would put me on cd12. From the day after the :witch: went I stared getting watery cm and the day after that became quite stretchyand has been on and off ever since. Checked today and I would say it is just the same as it was back then maybe slightly a bit more.

So i thought maybe I should have started counting from the day of spotting (5th October) ??

Just took my temp and it was 36.19, tested one of my opk's and two lines came up the test one was lighter but it was there, but on the instructions it said if the test line is lighter then I am not ovulating.

Does the light line mean im gonna ov soon or that I already have ?????
Also can someone advise me about temps, what is a normal temp or is everyone different.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions

Hi hun

Everyone's temps are different. It's important that you take yours at the same time each day and it makes sense for you to take it first thing in the morning before you get up (the body has to be at complete rest).

OPK's are fiddly things. The test line should be as dark or darker than the control line but sometimes the edge of the test line might be as dark - if you take a look at peeonastick.com it will show you some examples.

Also it's really important to remember that your LH surge could be as short as 12 hours so if you are testing just once a day you could miss it. So it might be worth you testing a couple of times a day.

Good luck
xx

Yeh temps are different for everyone. But you get to know your own 'normals'.

Click on some of the fertility friend ticker/link things in some of the girl's posts. Then you'll see their charts (I am sure they won't mind) and see the variation.

Check out my journal - you can see my dark o sticks. I had faint lines for almost 2 weeks before I got the positive ones. Depends what your cycle length is. I used them twice a day for the first while - and when I thought O was coming I did alot more just not to miss it. Don't get frustrated with them, just keep trying.

As far as temping - I did it this cycle. My fertility friend account runs out tomorrow, so I am not sure if you can check it out or not. I have been temping at 645am every morning, before talking, drinking, moving. My thermometer is beside my bed as well as a pen/paper. It's really interesting to look back on your chart cycle - and if you sign up with Fertility Friend they can help pin point your ovulation. It does give you piece of mind when your O sticks match the temp you entered into Fertility Friend.

I have kept my O sticks for this cycle. I keep them in a small notebook. Weird, I know. But its interesting to look back on them. When my cycle is over - or if I get my BFP - I will get rid of them, ha - don't want to be considered too weird. Ha!

Drop me a note if you need anything! I am not a pro, but I have one cycle under my belt for temping and the O sticks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->