• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lochia help

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
In a few hours I'll be 10 days postpartum. The past 2 nights my bleeding seems to be picking up overnight . It is getting lighter in colour during the day but goes back to bright red overnight with small gushes happening. It doesn't soak a pad all night long, maybe wouldn't even be a 1/2 a pad worth.

It is starting to worry me. Do you think maybe I'm just overdoing it during the day and that's what's causing it or do you think I should go back to my doctor? The past two days I've carried the munchkin around quite a bit in her carseat. Hopefully it will go back to how it was if I take it easy all day tomorrow.

What do you think?

I don't think you need to be worried, keep an eye on it and see if it changed dramatically and because much heavier. If you're worried there's no harm ringing your health visitor, midwife or doctors to get some advice.

Thank you. :)

I might call my doctor tomorrow and see what she thinks. Well, later today... it's 3:45 am here now.

Absolutely normal I think. Mine was very much like this. Just when I thought it was stopping, it would come back, often much heavier than you describe - I was breastfeeding, and this caused quite forceful contractions as my womb shrunk back to its normal size. It looks like you are breastfeeding too? As your womb diminishes, I think this can cause bouts of heavier bleeding. I don't think my lochia stopped completely for at least 6-8 weeks. As long as it isn't foul-smelling when fresh, very painful, doesn't contain any pus, you aren't feeling very unwell etc. (in which case, you could have an infection or a fragment of placenta retained), I wouldn't worry. Always a good idea to check in with your doctor, though.

Thank you :)

No, I'm definitely not having any of those symptoms.

I am bf'ing. Both my dd and ds. Ds nurses more at night so that could be causing it. I'm not having after pains anymore so I didn't really think about that. Plus, my exhausted brain isn't really functioning anymore. Haha!

Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->