Logan James 5/2/10 MAYBE LONG!!!

xerinx

TTC logans lil bro or sis
Reaction score
Well as some of you may know i didnt have an easy pregnancy with having gd ans spd and a high risk of rupturing due to previous sections. I was meant to of gone in on 15th feb to have this lil man at 38 weeks but the docs decided that i would be having him 5th at 36 weeks.

There was a chance he would need special care and i had been warned of all this but it turned out great. He didnt need any help what so ever.

I went in thurs night had bloods taken ect and was given my bed. It was a bit strange spending the night on a ward with ladies who had already had their babies and i didnt sleep at all.

The next morning the anesthetist came to see me and decided to do a combination of spinal and epidural. I was put on a drip due to gd at 6am and they came and took me down in the sexy gown at 9.30am.

I went into theater and had another drip put in and had spinal ect administered. It doesnt hurt havening it done but its quite uncomfy due to what position you need to sit in.. especially with a bump my size!!! Once it was done you feel your bum tingle and go warm and that feeling spreads through legs. I was then told to lie myself down and they tilted table slightly.

It took about 10 mins for me to go completely numb and they were testing it with ice. The screen was put up and my oh came in wearing scrubs.

As i layed there we were all joking as they started and i started feeling sick, due to spinal so kept being given somethin to get rid of that feeling.

One of the guys in there had put 80s music on his ipod so thats what we were listening to.

Then at 10.23 all i felt was a lot of tugging and pulling and i heard a cry!! They dropped the screen and showed me my gorgeous baby then put screen back up and took him for his checks. After 2 mins he was passed to oh and they sat next to me as i was stiched back up ect.

When i was taken into recovery my oh went with Logan to be weighed ect. They gave him a cup feed as i wanted to bf.

I was up and moving by 3pm that day. I was able to stand but they told me not too walk yet. They let me downstairs at 8pm that night and the next morning the cathater was removed and i was walking around fine. I havent had any painkillers since having him. Am slightly sore now but its managable. I was allowed home yesterday morning so 48 hours after having him.

He really is an amazing little boy and I cant beleive how much i love him. He is bottle fed as breastfeeding didnt work as he was only 36 weeks he didnt have the rooting reflex and couldnt latch on. I decided to give him sma as i didnt want his sugars drop as that was another risk.

So here is my lil man.....:happydance:

LOGAN JAMES BORN 5TH FEB 2010 8LB11OZ

Attachments

• rsz_sdc10661.jpg
    rsz_sdc10661.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 2
  • rsz_sdc10665.jpg
    rsz_sdc10665.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 5
  • logan.jpg
    logan.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 3
WOW congrats he is adorable!!!!!

8lbs 11 oz at 36 weeks!!!

Is that why they took him so early due to you having gestational diabetes with this pregnancy?.....I suppose by 40 weeks, he would have been at least 10 lbs....

Congrats and I am glad you and your little one are doing well!

Yea they thought he was gonna be huge, i also started getting high blood pressure and among other things they just thought it would be better for him to come out now. Once he was born they said if they had left me he would of been about 11lb so im glad they didnt!!!

For 36 weeks hes amazing he feeds every 3/4 hours and is soo contented never kown a baby soo chilled!!

:)

Huge congrats... I'm due to have my little one at 36 weeks via c-section - in 2 weeks time!!

So I'm really glad to hear such a positive experience!

He's a real cutie xxx

What a gorgeous little man, thanks for sharing your story and congrats!

Congrats on your gorgeous little man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->