Logan?

Kiki1993

Reaction score
Hi, me and my OH had decided on Logan when we first started ttc 2 years ago, we went back to wtt but really like the name. But now it has gotten very popular and some people see it as "chavvy" and it is extremely common.
I was also minding a child with that name and that kinda put me off the name and i wont go into that but my OH still loves the name, so do i but i worry a lot of people do not like the name etc.
I know 3 people in my town who called their child logan, and one was trying with me at the same time, she got pregnant and i didnt and we had discussed baby names, i said how i picked logan james (james because its my step dad who passed and he raised me) ... she had her baby and called him that, i wasn't annoyed at first but i asked later how she did pick the name thinking it was her own personal reason but she said she heard me say it and she liked it :/
What do you think of the name?

I really like it, and in my area I wouldn't say it was a chavvy name. It was on our short list for our second son. I don't think you should worry about whether people like it or not, as there will always be some that don't like whatever name you choose, you can't please everyone. Ps: do to tell anyone your name choices. I had a 'friend' that was due a couple of weeks before me with my first, I told her I was using Georgia Rose, she had her daughter six weeks before me, guess what she called her!! Xx

I really like it, and in my area I wouldn't say it was a chavvy name. It was on our short list for our second son. I don't think you should worry about whether people like it or not, as there will always be some that don't like whatever name you choose, you can't please everyone. Ps: do to tell anyone your name choices. I had a 'friend' that was due a couple of weeks before me with my first, I told her I was using Georgia Rose, she had her daughter six weeks before me, guess what she called her!! Xx

I kno it is silly to worry about what other people think :blush: :haha: Yeah I don't understand why people do that! I could have screamed at her "i just liked how the names went together when you said it" ... Then she made it worse with "you can still call your kid that,I wont mind" .... I was so close to becoming extremely childish! Yeah I think a part from on here we wont tell anyone the name until we name him... or her.. lol.
Aw some friends just don't think, i bet you wouldn't have minded though if she picked it on her own and it was a coincidence but no, she heard it from you knowing you wanted to name your child that and she used it instead knowing you wouldn't want your kids having the same name if you guys are close!
Thanks for responding, i do love the name and think it goes perfect with the middle and surname. And we have both liked our names for 2 years straight! :flower:

I really like Logan I dont think its chavy & its not too common in my area.

My second son is called Logan Joseph. It's not very common where I live though I have heard a few kids called it. I love his name :) my first is jenson alexander

Jenson was one of our other choices! lol, we favor logan just now, i'm glad it isn't common everywhere then, we could move around due to oh job so thats good :) Might just be my town :shrug:

I really like the name Logan. It's pretty popular near me, but i'm in the US. Logan James is a very "handsome" name (meaning i picture a person with that name being very handsome!).

I personally love the name Casey James or Carson James - i love "CJ" names! Jenson is cute too - and a lot more unique than Logan.

I love the name Logan! It's definitely one I would consider if I had a boy :)

I have never heard another jenson around where I live, Logan a few times but still don't know any personally. As far as I'm aware Logan is a Scottish name which is maybe why you hear it quite often. I love both my boys names as they are different but not wired or hard to spell lol

See Jenson I adore, but i love jenson ackles lol, and my OH hates that lol!
Logan we agree on, I didn't even realize it was a Scottish name!! :haha:

Jenson is nice not many about - Logan has been made out to be a bit chavy recently.

I'd also immediately think it was a chavvy name and not my style, but who cares what other people think if you love it?

It's not very common here and i have never thought of it as chavvy. One of my dogs is called Logan; but I think it's a great name full stop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->