Lola Louise born 14 July

cerilou

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

She's finally here! After going for a sweep on Sunday, 12 July and being told they couldn't do it as the head wasn't engaged and cervix too high, I resigned myself to facing an induction.

Then on Monday night, I started having painful contractions which lasted a minute and were 5 minutes apart from the off. Within 2 hours, they were 2 minutes apart. I still convinced myself that I wasn't in labour!!!

Went into hospital an hour later and by then the contractions were a minute apart so I gave in and accepted that it was labour. I was 4cm dilated. That was 11pm. I managed on gas and air but also had some pethadine (not really sure why I had this as I was coping fine on gas & air).

My waters broke at 12am (think niagara falls!!) and there was meconium in there so was told to get a move on and get the baby out. Moved to consultants ward as baby's heartbeat was low. By 1.30am I was pushing but nothing seemed to be happening. Then at 2.10am I got some extra energy and pushed her out.

She is beautiful. A very content baby. I attach a pic.

Attachments

• Photo0144.jpg
    Photo0144.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 113
congrats hon, labour sounds like the kind i dream of having next time!!! xxx well done xx

she is gorgeous, congrats xxx :hugs:

Congratulations - she is beautiful and I love your choice of name!

She is gorgeous - well done you!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

awww congratulations - she's so lovely x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back