London Underground

Yes if you're planning on doing it on a weekday, it will be utterly rammed.

Changing lines on the tube is sometimes more difficult with suitcases + toddler than the short walk from Euston Square to Euston Station. If you do take the tube, I'd recommend that route as the interchange between Northern and Circle might be a bit grim. The Northern line is one of the deepest lines so you'll likely have to go up a could of escalators.

Or if you go from Liverpool to Kings Cross, Kings Cross has elevators connecting all the platforms but some of the interchanges are a big, big hike.

I thought nothing of it after doing it for a few days. Just get a map and check out https://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/2625.aspx before you travel
But be careful with your bags! One of the first times I took a tube on my own my bag got robbed. My money and valuables were taken. I wasn't too worried by that because I found my bag in the end (someone retrieved it from a bin) with my letters from home and photographs still inside! And recently my hubby was pushed down the stairs and his bag with a laptop, phone and cash in it was stolen. But some men restrained the theif and security came. So he didn't get away. There are some real thugs in London! I must say!
Good luck XXX

That's my worry,I've got a bag that goes across me and I'm keeping hubby's wallet in my bag,so I'm hoping that will be a bit safer?x

You'll be fine. Just be sensible and keep an eye on your possessions. Hundreds of thousands of people ride the tube every day with no issues - other than the overcrowding!

I've lived in London for 12 years and the only issue I've had was an attempted mugging years ago from a teenager who followed me off the bus to my house. He clearly thought I was more drunk than I was and he wound up with nothing. And I've always lived in semi-sketchy neighbourhoods aka Hackney, Tottenham and Brixton.

It's super easy.. If all else fails there's always a help point if you do get lost x

In my opinion, very likely unless you plan in advance. If you already know where you're going, use the online journey planner, has saved me tonnes of time standing trying to figure out tube maps. Takes me bloody ages to find out where we are on the map :haha:

Been to London a few times to visit my parents. I would honestly look into getting a taxi. Not only is it always rammed at peak times (and I mean so rammed your like a sardine in a tin) there are rude people who will just barge past you whoever you are. When i was 7 months pregnant, some idiot barged past me on the platform and I fell over, nearly on the tracks. He came back and apologised only after my dad running after him. I would hate for that to be your LO. If your going to be around there for a few days look into getting a tourist oyster card, it will save you so much money. If you can, get buses. It's a flat rate of £1.35 and you could travel across London for just that if a bus ran right across (which I don't think it does lol!) when you could be looking at several pounds going a couple of stops on the tube. We went to London at the weekend and to go from Euston to Victoria (4 stops) cost us about 3.00 each- and that was on oyster cards!

I'm weird I love travelling on the tube it fascinates me. I always found it fairly straight forward if I planned my route before going to London. I would have an idea of what I was doing each day and jot down in a wee note book the stations I needed.

The changes to different stops are really well sign posted underground. Though I agree with the other girls it is a nightmare with suitcases trying to travel on the tube. I think I would take a taxi to where you are staying to drop the bags off and then use the tubes after that. Even trying to get through the ticket styles is a nightmare. I would be a nervous wreck trying to hold onto the cases / bags and the children on the escalators. What about even using buses for the first journey to where you are staying? x

we only have to get from liverpool street to euston for our next train :) x

I think ye would be better off getting a cab. Less stress XX

Youre going to get lost in the caverns and dark tunnels of the passage in between platforms :twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->