London zoo - wed 6th may

yes I am still coming, as long as Jaiden is having a good day. His kidney failure has made him really ill for the last few days.

I have to take Jaiden on the tube all the time, especially when he was a newborn. You can always get someone to help you down and up the stairs and you realise its pretty easy once you have done it, just a bit daunting the first time. So good luck ladies xx

Didn't think of that...you mean leave him in the buggy and get someone to help carry it?

Hope he's ok tomorrow :hugs: x

hey sweety,
Jaiden is a lot better today, so will definately be coming.

Yes you just leave your little man in the buggy and someone will offer to help you down any stairs. some of the tube stations have lifts. but all the tube stations i use are stairs. so i either ask someone walking by, or more often than not someone will offer to help.

But I guarantee people will offer to help you, especially as you are pregnant. xxx

Thank you :D

We were going to go straight to Camden from Waterloo but just found this on the transport for London site...might be a problem for anyone getting back on at Camden:

From Tuesday 5 May until Friday 8 May there will be no down escalator service, the only way to access platforms from street level will be via the spiral staircase which has 96 steps.

Think I might need to find an alternative for Sam, buggy and bag :lol:

you can always go back via another tube station, as we will be doing this. It might be less stressful than driving.
although if its cheaper to pay for petrol and £12 parking then thats totally understandable. xx

you can always go back via another tube station, as we will be doing this. It might be less stressful than driving.
although if its cheaper to pay for petrol and £12 parking then thats totally understandable. xx

My train ticket will be about £25 so will probably be better to drive anyway (and will take about the same time as long as I don't get stuck on the M25 anywhere). Sam will sleep in the car too, but he's a bit of a nightmare on trains because he doesn't ever want to sit still :roll: x

My train ticket will be about £25 so will probably be better to drive anyway (and will take about the same time as long as I don't get stuck on the M25 anywhere). Sam will sleep in the car too, but he's a bit of a nightmare on trains because he doesn't ever want to sit still :roll: x

where in hampshire are you? xx

Ive worked out its easier for me to get two buses rather than the tube so I can take the buggy. Should take me about an hour from shepherds bush

We're in Farnborough - used to cost £27 ish for a peak travelcard when I worked in London and I think it was about £23 off peak but that was over a year ago. It's loads cheaper if I go late in the day but I think I'll need to get the 10.30 train x

Ive worked out its easier for me to get two buses rather than the tube so I can take the buggy. Should take me about an hour from shepherds bush

If you get the tube and with a national rail ticket then you can do the 2 for 1 deal with sams mum for entry to the zoo. x

We're in Farnborough - used to cost £27 ish for a peak travelcard when I worked in London and I think it was about £23 off peak but that was over a year ago. It's loads cheaper if I go late in the day but I think I'll need to get the 10.30 train x

i just looked for you, its £23.60 for a return from farnborough to london waterloo and a travelcard for zones 1 and 2. would be cheaper if you could travel after 11, but then you would be late x

i just found this voucher as well, for those of you who are going but not getting the train

https://www.discountbritain.net/London-Zoo.html?url=googlecontent&gclid=CIHMu42OppoCFUKK3godl08i9Q

it gives you 20% off of the admission price, you just need to print it out x

Thanks....think we might drive after all and use that coupon. Printing one now :D x

Thanks so much for a lovely day everyone! It was so nice to meet you all...hope you all got back safely. Sam slept the whole way home :D

I'll upload some photos tomorrow when I'm a bit more awake! x

We had a really lovely time too. So lovely to meet you all ladies (and babies!)
Cormack cried most of the way home but he's now sleeping beautifully!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->