• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Long 7 week old filling 3-6 clothes.

tommyg

Mum to Smurf & TTC
Reaction score
Baby boy is 7 weeks and is filling 3-6 month baby grows. Anyone else who has been in the same situation?

When did they go into 6-9 and 9-12?
What were they actually wearing at 12 months? I have a few outfits in 6-9 and 9-12 that I am considering trying to exchange for bigger sizes.

My daughter wore 3-6 and 6-9 by 6 weeks. The 6-9 were a bit big but not too big to wear. She's 97 percentile for height now.

She starting wearing 12 month clothes by 4 months and 18 months soon after (they were a bit big at the time). Now she mostly wears 18 months at 7 months and has 24 months clothes she also can fit in (a bit big right now).

She (or perhaps just me lol) prefer looser clothes than tight clothes.

Oh my that is verging on scary, with his wardrobe he'd be wearing stuff once. Its the length he needs rather than the width.
My other son was the opposite was just going into 6-9 at his first birthday. So lots of wear out his clothes.

My dd was wearing 3-6 month clothes at 6 weeks. She went into 6-9 at roughly 3-4 months but since has slowed down. She was wearing 9-12 months at around 9 months and 12-18 at her first birthday. Now she's in a mix of 12-18 and 18-24. She is tall but she's chunky too

My dd1 was very tall and big (off the charts for height and weight) and was wearing 2T by her first birthday. At the very least 18-24 mo!

My nephew wore 3-6 months at birth! Hahah! He was very, very big. 11 1/2 pounds and 21 1/2 inches at birth, and I swear he looked like a little sumo wrestler in a diaper. hahaha... My kids are all on the taller side, though, and I'd let them continue to wear the smaller clothes in two-piece outfits because the waists would be so huge in bigger clothes. My 5-year-old is now in 5 slim, and it's still too big in the waist, but thank goodness they stay on his tush and fit in length. Adjustable waists will be your friends very soon. :) They usually start at 2T size, but it is wonderful!!!! We also avoid certain cuts and certain brands for our babies because they run wide (Children's Place, H&M, Sonoma, a few other brands here in the USA)

My grandson went into 3-6 months clothes at about 6 weeks, now at 16 weeks he is starting to wear the odd 6-9 months clothes, he isnt particularly big (15lbs and 64cms)
I find clothes sizing can vary so much now, there is some 3-6 months that still drown him and some 6-9 that are tiny, when he stayed with us last weekend he was wearing 6-12 month pjs :O Everything I buy now is 6-9 months but a few things have had to be returned for being far too big lol

My nephew wore 3-6 months at birth! Hahah! He was very, very big. 11 1/2 pounds and 21 1/2 inches at birth, and I swear he looked like a little sumo wrestler in a diaper. hahaha... My kids are all on the taller side, though, and I'd let them continue to wear the smaller clothes in two-piece outfits because the waists would be so huge in bigger clothes. My 5-year-old is now in 5 slim, and it's still too big in the waist, but thank goodness they stay on his tush and fit in length. Adjustable waists will be your friends very soon. :) They usually start at 2T size, but it is wonderful!!!! We also avoid certain cuts and certain brands for our babies because they run wide (Children's Place, H&M, Sonoma, a few other brands here in the USA)

I swear overseas sizing must be tiny! My daughter is 25.5" long and wears a mix of 3-6 and 6-9 month stuff. Her pants are all 3-6.

My DD is very tall (always has been, they even remarked on her long legs at my growth scan :haha:) but she's always followed clothing sizes pretty much bang on (in things that aren't footed) she's 11 months and she's in 9-12m clothes. Is there anyway you could get footless outfits and put socks on with them, might give you more space with the length? Otherwise, I would say as long as he's nice and comfy, size doesn't really matter! I have noticed though, gap and M&S baby grows and sleepsuits (and select bits of next although not all) tend to come up longer than the rest if that's any help xxx

Both my kids are 91st centile and have long feet so babygros were a nightmare. I find they're always one size up, so my 6.5 months old is just going into 9-12 month clothes. Once they get to 3-6 month the clothes last the right amount of time they just get there early.

My lb was 9 lb11, he never fit into newborn ever and 0-3 only lasted a few weeks sadly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->