Long cycles and ovulation kits

pipip

Reaction score
Hi, newbie here, first post. Hello all. :happydance:

My cycles are all over the place and have been since I can remember. I have PCOS as well.

I have started using ClearBlue Ovulation Kit and got the little smiley face on days 16 & 17. Would this mean that my period is due around 14 days later?

My cycles are never under 35 days, so I thought this was a little odd.

Could I be ovulating at normal times, but then having a longer wait for AF? Or could this cycle just be shorter than they usually are. So confused!!

I've been overly tired in the last week, talking bed at 9pm, up at 9am (not normal - I was off work last week, holiday). Breast feel tender, and plenty of CM. Could it be our month? When would be a good time to test? I was going to test on Sunday.

Hi hun, what Cycle day are you on at the moment? Not everyone has a 14 day luteal phase (time between Ov and AF) eg mine is 16.

I have PCOS too and my cycles used to be really long before I was put on Clomid. I'm not sure about the Digi OPKs but I know the cheapies don't always work with PCOS ladies as you can get false positives.

Maybe you should try charting your temperature? This is the easiest way to pinpoint ovulation. I just started a couple of months ago and I love it.

Fingers crossed this is your month! If you wanna know more about charting I'd be happy to help x

Hi, thanks for your reply. I also chart my temps, but they were so up and down that it didn't really help. I've got a Dr's appt next week to ask about getting clomid as was told they would give it me.

I'm on day 29. So thought day 34 would be a good test, plus I'm going paintballing that day so didn't want to risk it if I am.

Just to add my temps have been gradually getting higher and this morning's was the highest ive recorded, but ive only been charting for 2 months.

If the ovulation kit was right id be 14 DPO now.

But with my irregular cycles I don't know whether to test or not.

Any advice much appreciated.

Just to update you, I got a :bfp: this morning, on a digital clear blue test. It said 2-3 weeks. Cannot believe it. I'm going to do some more tests and then book blood test to confirm. So excited and happy.

Those clear blue ovulation kits are amazing. I never expected to get vcaught the first month. Good luck to everyone else and do try those, amazing.

OMG!! Congratulations!!

Hope you have a H&H 9 months

I just want a smiley face ATM let alone BFP :)

Again congrats . I love reading those kind of posts x

Congrats!!!

I since coming off BCP i have had irregular cycles..43-50 days long..i was wondering does anyone know if i can still use my ClearBlue fertility Monitor with this long of cycles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->