long cycles - in a panic!!!!

Leesie

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
hi everyone, please could someone shed some light!?

i've just read that women with long cycles and who ovulate after CD21 are unlikely to conceive because the egg and the womb lining are too old after CD 21 to sustain a pregnancy.

this has put me into a total spin because my cycles are about 47 days long with ovulation happening on +- CD35. i wasn't too worried about this before cos I figured that if i'm ovulating things are more or less ok. And - except for when i was on BCP, I've aways had a cycle of at least 35 days. I've never had a "normal" length cycle.

btw I've been taking agnus castus for the last 3 months and that hasn't made any difference to my cycle length :(

I feel so sad now. I don't want to wait for a whole year of trying to go by if there's no chance I can conceive anyway cos of my insanely long cycles ](*,) and I can't imagine that they're going to get any shorter.

has anyone else heard this about long cycles and late ovulation?
do i need to be so worried?

i know someone who conceived with a 90 day cycle so don't give up hope!

the egg being too old is not true because all eggs are in our ovaries from when we are in our mother's womb, they gradually die off as we get older or get released. so all of your eggs are as old as you are, having a long cycle won't make any difference.

so long as your luteal phase is 10+ days, and yo0u are ovulating you have every chance of getting pg

:dust:

I just came off BCP and had a first cycle of 130days. I went to see my doctor and she said that this simply was not true. She said that as long as you ovulate you have as much chance as anyone else of conceiving.

I have just found that I have PCOS - my second cycle was 45 days long, and so far im on cd33 of my 3rd cycle, I think I may just have ovulated or in the process.

So again after being to the docs, I was reassured that everything was fine, even though having PCOS may make it more unpredictable and longer, Having long cycles will not interfere with TTC!

If your still not happy or unsure visit the docs for reassurance!

Good Luck xx

If you visit fertilityfriend you can search charts with long cycles and late ovulation etc and there's plenty on there with :bfp:

Hi mogwai,

There were a few of us irregular cycle TTC'ers who joined the long cycles r us thread - me and Littlestar recently got bfps on there with long cycles. Not sure what day she would have ovulated, but pretty sure she said her LMP was end of December and she's only about 10 weeks now, so her cycle would have been pretty long. Plus with me I ovulated on CD 26 and also managed to get a bfp that cycle, so don't lose hope!

Have you been on fertilityfriend.com as well? You can put in a search on there to see real ladies' charts who take their temps - if you put long cycles and bfp into the search function, it still comes up with loads that got a bfp with ridiculously long cycles. U can see I have been here before hey? hehe. Hope you get your good news soon! xx

thanks ladies :D Lucy Lu and mrskxOxO - i took your advice and had a look around FF to find success stories with long cycles. I don't feel nearly as bleak now. Going to keep trying with positive thoughts!!!! xx

ooh yep - I didn't read properly - didn't realise MrsK had already suggested that about FF. It does reassure a bit doesn't it?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->