Long cycles & scans

Mummy1506

Mummy of 2 boys :)
Reaction score
Hi all,

As my cycles were a little irregular & long my LMP date is actually dating me 2 weeks ahead. My question is if they put me in for my 12 week scan from my lmp date I will only be between 9-10 weeks will I then have to go again at 12 week or can the testing be done that early?

Thanks.

Sorry I am no help but I have been wondering the same thing, my first scan is when I am 10+5 but my cycle was 33 days long so I will probably actually only be 10 weeks when I have the scan

I think they go by your lmp they did with my first I was put back 2wks so was only 10wks and went back at 12wks . Will be same this time I've got pcos so cycles all over place by my lmp I'm 8wks today but I think I'm more 6wks as I got 1-2 weeks on a clear blue to start with but then again I got a dark line on a normal in the afternoon on by 10th loo trip of the day was up within a min and that was yesterday so I'm unsure how far I am

I think they go by your lmp they did with my first I was put back 2wks so was only 10wks and went back at 12wks . Will be same this time I've got pcos so cycles all over place by my lmp I'm 8wks today but I think I'm more 6wks as I got 1-2 weeks on a clear blue to start with but then again I got a dark line on a normal in the afternoon on by 10th loo trip of the day was up within a min and that was yesterday so I'm unsure how far I am

I also have PCOS to thank for crazy cycles although I know when ovulated so know my dates with this one but they will use my Lmp until scan confirms date. Hopefully will squeeze 2 scans in then that's a bonus 😄.

Thanks for the replies ladies.

I have PCOS but wasn't TTC so have no idea when I ovulated. No idea how far along I really am. Its all a waiting game for another 6 odd weeks for me.

If ur having the downs nt scan then they will have to re scan you ro do this . I think if it's just a dating scan they can date you from 10 weeks pregnant so you wouldn't get another at 12 weeks could be different where u are tho. I had a 8 week scan and they re booked me for 12 weeks c

They scanned me at 9+1 weeks and said that they could date me accurately from that scan and put in my notes that I no longer needed a dating scan at 12 weeks. However, I opted for the NT test which can only be carried out from 11 weeks so I got rescanned at 12+1 weeks on Wednesday where I was measuring at 12+2 so my due date went forward a day.

When working out your due date, midwives tend to go off your lmp regardless of cycle lengths but at the scan they take the measurement of crown to nub to date your pregnancy so I wouldn't worry about your cycle length too much. I have 34 day cycles but my due date was calculated on a 28 day cycle and ended up being pretty accurate anyway so I must have ovulated early in my cycle xx

If its just a dating scan it doesnt matter as they dont do any testing during that scan. Thy just look at baby and do the measurements. However if you are wanting the nt testing, then they will ask you to come in for another scan. The 12 week scan is just a basic scan and often you arent exactly at 12 weeks when its done. Even your edd from the ovulation date could change depending on when you implanted as some implant late. so dont be concerned if your dates may not exactly match either as the dating scan often is slightly off due to how small baby is.

It is the NT test that will be at my 12 week appointment so likely I will have to go back for that by the sounds of things.

Thanks ladies

If you go for the ultrasound and you're not far enough yet, they'll rebook you for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->