(long rant) just had a stinking call from PDSA after putting a complaint in

T'elle

feeling blessed & lucky!
Reaction score
Basically we have a family cat that we have had since i was 15 and friday night at 11 o clock we found her slumped in the garden meowing in pain my younger brother carried her in and rang me straight away hysterical as shes an indoor cat as shes deaf.

We weren't sure if she had been hit by a car or what as she couldn't walk, so we were refused treatment by out of hours staff at PDSA they told us to lock her in a box and leave her overnight and take her down tomorrow. We weren't happy to do that and were really angry about being refused, so we ended up taking her elsewhere and paid £220 for her care and treatment, we were so angry that we phoned PDSA to put in a complain and said we felt we hadn't recieved fair treatment that night from them, and omg how rude and unproffesional and the following complaint to head office explains it all... im gobsmacked, speechless, this is the full story:

I telephoned PDSA in cardiff bute street to ask how i go about a complaint of out of hours service we recieved. Basically our Cat was attacked by a dog but we didn't know how it had happened or what had happened when we found her, she was breathless and in a state of shock, her mouth was white with shock, she had blood on her fur but we couldn't find where it was coming from and she couldn't walk more than a few steps and she would collapse to the floor struggling for breathe. We telephoned out of hours to be told to lock her in a cat box overnight and take her down the following day, i explained to them that she was a sensitive cat and we were worried about her as we weren't sure if it was an animal attack or she had been hit by a car. As rudely pointed out by the Head staff nurse at PDSA bute street who phoned my daughter ten minutes ago (15:45 11th august) said we left the phone off the hook which i did (i suffer with memory loss and confusion) yes we had a rant at how we were annoyed at the lack of welfare for our pet. We then took smudge to a local vet surgery to be treated as we became more concerned as she deteriorated, which then we found out she had infact been bitten by a dog to her spine and had a bruised pelvis.

This treatment covered injections pain killers and sedation through the pain she was in and x-rays to check for broken bones, costing me £220 that i had to borrow, i then phoned today to ask about putting over a complaint of how i was annoyed that i was refused treatment to be told i failed to attend an appointment the following morning that was not given to me!, the lady was adamant i knew about it and wasn't told i had an appointment, she then didn't really show interest of the animal and said that she was taking into consideration the phone call that was left live was documented in 'detail' and she said she was taking that into consideration of my complaint saying it was very 'detailed and elaborate' she seemed to come across as threatening because i had left the phone call on and they sat listening, i find it amazing they didn't have the time to examine my cat yet had time to make a report and document the phone call in 'detail' seeing as it was only a minute or so of my family arguing that the cat should be seen and it was unfair to see the animal in pain overnight.

I am disgusted at the attitude of the staff i have come across at the PDSA, i am aware it is a funded organisation for us people who cant afford veterinary fees and we get it on a donation basis but does this mean we should be treated and spoken to in such a disrespectful manner?

Last time we had to go to the PDSA thr experience wasnt that great either and it was the out of hours one.

:( i know and understand its funded but we have the right to respect dont we :( the vets we did end up going to were lovely and told us it was very wrong of the PDSA to do that, and the PDSA lady even had the cheek to say the vets we went to said that we were overeacting which they didnt as he wrote the report and gave us a copy with our invoice.

Aww hunny, they are crap aren't they, my mum's dog is diabetic and the other week she went all funny, couldn't walk, wouldn't eat so couldn't have her insulin injection and a cyst on one of her teats that the PDSA vet had told my mum was just a cyst and fine, was about the size of a sausage and very hot and sore. My mum rang the PDSA at 8pm at night and the receptionist tried to talk my mum into leaving her until the next day instead of coming in then. My mum pushed and pushed and ended up going down anyway, for the vet there to tell my mum that the cyst was actually cancerous, the dog had 3 months left to live and we would be better to have her put to sleep.

In the end they decided to operate (and the vets agreed it was an emergency and she did need to be taken down) thankfully she's fine now, but in short, yes their crap and the way they treat you is disgusting.

that is so out rageours. my word the way they treat ppl and the animals

Forgot to mention, we had to phone twice to get them to see my cat, he was already crying in pain and he went downhill very fast within hours. He was really out of it by the time they would see him and we had to get him put down as he was too far gone.
I really think he could have been saved if they had seen him earlier.
They had said to us if he wasnt bleeding then it wasnt an emergency.

OMG i am soo annoyed i hope to god your cats ok thats appauling behaviour, poor cat
i would be soo angry and go down there and demand an explanation as to why the welfare of your cat wasnt taken into more consideration, because the lazy fucking out of hours docs wanted to sit on there arse! and talk about you 'ranting about how shit they were' :growlmad:

:( wrong isn't it, smudge is usually a bubbly cat and has quite a personality u can only have cuddles on her terms, now shes our shadow and jumps at any noise if someone opens the fridge whilst eating she'l try to scarper off as quick as she can on her bad pelvis love her, she spends most the day under my dads bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->